96 Viper GTS Venom 550 - making more mods

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jason,

My car is very loud and I found a HUGE difference with the Dynamat. Did you put some in the doors as well? I didn't see it in the pix but maybe I missed it; they resonate well (unfortunately) and really respond to some Dynamat treatment.

I just dieted a bunch to offset the additioinal weight.....

Go man go!
:2tu:

Bob

Hey Bob,

I haven't put any sound deadener in the doors as of yet. I will be doing that before I button the interior up. :2tu:

Oh, instead of losing weight just kick the passanger out. Ha ha ha :D

Cheers
Jason

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never really investigated aftermarket intakes thoroughly. I was mostly concentrating on the big power increases for the NA engine which are the heads, stroke, bore and cam. However, the intake is also very important. Some of the choices for aftermarket intakes are; Hogans and Mitech.

If you are thinking of extrude, let me know, I can hook you up localy (relatively speaking) with the outfit that does it here in AB.

Viper4Christ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Engine with cylinder heads removed.

You must be registered for see images

Excellent work here and like myself great attention to detail in all area's. This thread rival's 98's VA " The official get my car on track" thread.
Few engine suggestions, a new set of hydro lifters never hurt as well as some quality harden push rods if not already installed.
Looking foward to seeing the finished product, keep up the good work.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Excellent work here and like myself great attention to detail in all area's. This thread rival's 98's VA " The official get my car on track" thread.
Few engine suggestions, a new set of hydro lifters never hurt as well as some quality harden push rods if not already installed.
Looking foward to seeing the finished product, keep up the good work.

I am planning on going through the engine in great detail and will be installing many new pieces including; rollers and push rods. I will make sure to post pictures of each step of the engine build.

JD is helping me plan the engine build and making sure I am on the right track!! JD is a very valuable asset to the Viper community! :headbang:

Stay tuned :eater:

Viper4Christ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next time you talk to him, ask him about his CPE TT system and how to get one for yourself. :D
Viper TT systems... because everything else is just 2nd place. :drive:

V

Venomiss

Awesome thread and should be good for some Illustrated stuff maybe???
Looking forward to the stereo part.:eater: Just keeps getting better!

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Awesome thread and should be good for some Illustrated stuff maybe???
Looking forward to the stereo part.:eater: Just keeps getting better!

:2tu: I appreciate the comments!!

My intentions are to take pictures of most everything I do and describe what I am doing. I also try to describe why I have chosen to do something. The only thing I don't have time to do is mark the pictures up with text and/or arrows, etc. before posting on thread. Hopefully the written descriptions will do.

Stay tuned. :eater:

finnsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen your same topic over on Lateral-G. You are doing great job, keep us posted along the way, nice to see someone really dig in one of the modern classics! :2tu:

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OMG!!! :omg: Where is my Viper??? :dunno: Yuka, yuka, yuka :D I thought it was time to rewax my shop floor before I start doing some serious engine work. Pics of my shop with a brand new waxed floor.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Viper outside my shop and on the ground...awaiting to re-enter shop. I LOVE THE WHEELS!! :headbang:

CAIN MKII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Incredible VIPER. How lucky you are for finding such car in perfect condition.:headbang:
Do you have some Hi-rez photos to share?
B/W are my favourite.:D

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ahhhhh, Viper feels so much better back in its resting spot. :)

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I purchased a set of Ultimate Racing Pedals for the Viper.

The OEM accelerator pedal is plastic. The aluminum racing pedal is fastened to the OEM plastic pedal with four stainless steel screws. I noticed that approximately 1/4" of the OEM plastic pedal was showing once the aluminum racing pedal was attached. I decided to use my Dremmel and remove the 1/4" of plastic so that when you look at the pedal you will only see the aluminum.

Pics show a before, during and after Dremmel work.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Man, those wheels look great! Nice shop too... :D

Thanks!! :2tu: The Viper is sitting a little high right now because the interior and a lot of the engine is missing. Plus I moved the car in and out of my shop and the suspension has not settled. The car has actually been lowered 2", so it will look even meaner. :devgrin:

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
UPDATE: Heads shipped to GREG GOOD CYLINDER HEADS

I look forward to hearing from Greg when he receives them. I am very curious to see how well they flow having already been 'tweaked' by Hennessey.

I will ask Greg to provide me with flow data before working on them. I am also curious if he what his other recommendations may be...if any. I will then post the information here.

Stay tuned :eater: :)

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
UPDATE: I will be installing CPE Sidemount Twin Turbos instead of a Paxton

Thanks to DSG2003SVT and JD I plan on purchasing a twin turbo setup from CPE (Paolo Castellano)!! :headbang:

I have spoken to Paolo and I must say that I AM SO PUMPED TO INSTALL TWIN TURBOS ON MY VIPER!! Paolo is very enthusiastic and a very comical character :D He took the time to answer all my questions and reply to all my emails. :2tu: The best part is I can install the system myself!!

Here is Paolo's website CPE Turbos.com

finnsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UPDATE: I will be installing CPE Sidemount Twin Turbos instead of a Paxton

Thanks to DSG2003SVT and JD I plan on purchasing a twin turbo setup from CPE (Paolo Castellano)!! :headbang:

I have spoken to Paolo and I must say that I AM SO PUMPED TO INSTALL TWIN TURBOS ON MY VIPER!! Paolo is very enthusiastic and a very comical character :D He took the time to answer all my questions and reply to all my emails. :2tu: The best part is I can install the system myself!!

Here is Paolo's website CPE Turbos.com

SOunds :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Now you made me want to go in the garage and start modding the sh&t out of my GTS! :2tu:

DSG2003SVT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I'm honored to receive a little recognition on such a fine project. I'm glad that my suggestion sparked your interest in the CPE kit, I'm sure that you'll have a blast installing/playing with it! :cool: :drive:

finnsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Building for SPEEEED!!

Since I am going to great lengths to build a fast car I thought the next thing that should be investigated is the transmission and rear end. So I created a thread and asked the question, If I want to drive my Viper 250mph what is required for transmission and rear end? Here is the thread http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/607470-tt-car-transmission-rear-gears-advise.html

I've used G-Force Transmissions and Long Shifters stuff on my other project. Their T56 kits are top notch. I'm sure they'll be able to help you get tough enough transmission for your project with the right gearing.:2tu: As for the reat end, Quaife seems to be the best solution. SVS

:cool:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So what are you putting into the short block other than pistons? Custom ground cam? Billet maincaps?

Ted

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So what are you putting into the short block other than pistons? Custom ground cam? Billet maincaps?

Ted

I am working on the details with JD and here is what I am thinking using. But this is just preliminary so don't hold me to it. :D I haven't added up the $$$$ yet so things may change :omg: :omg:
  • Pistons - JE
  • Rings - Child & Albert
  • Wrist Pins - JE
  • Rods - Manley or Oliver
  • Cam - Greg Good to select grind
  • Roller Lifters - Comp Cam
  • Push Rods - Comp Cam
  • Main Caps - billet
  • Bearings - yes but don't know manufacturer???
  • Heads - Greg Good (flowed and massaged)
  • Damper - ATI
  • Throttle Bodies - Accufab
  • Fasteners - ARP
  • Gaskets - Cometic
JD has advised me to bore and stroke the engine. :D I am going to discuss with him the displacement to shoot for. :eater: JD's Viper is 510 cu in.

Let me know if you need any other info. :2tu:

Cheers
Jason

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery