97 gts fluids and check

Sssssss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got my new to me gts at the end of last year and have enjoyed it a lot over the past months (2100 miles) and it seems to be a great car with no problematic signs. I'm going to do a full fluid change and check over the next few days as its going to be raining. I would appreciate all suggestions on things to inspect as I didn't have a viper tech to look at it before I bought it. With that being said this club/forum is one hell of an info source that I am proud to be a part of.

TIA

Sssssss or Mandus which ever is easier:rolleyes:

Also my owners manual conflicts some things I have found on here for my fluid specs clarification is appericated

OP
OP
S

Sssssss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been reading through these and am a little confused about the
Tranny fluid
And the
Transmission fluid
Which both differ from my owners manual (maybe a TSB I don't know about) thought these should be the same
Guess its just a noob question

Will check out what you suggested thanks

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey hey,

Just modify the following checklist into your own "pre-driving season" checklist, and cross off some of the things that don't apply anymore? Hopefully it will give you a thorough checkup. At very least, help you catch something going bad or just help you make a future mod list.

You must be registered for see images attach

As for fluids, you're gonna get so many opinions. I guess the only advice I can give is "search" each fluid one by one (oil, power steering, brake, etc) and read the opinions offered and make up your mind on what makes sense to you. I only use Mopar fluids in mine besides Mobil 1 0W-40.

Good luck and have fun on your rainy days!
Mark

P.S. Oh yeah, oil your door hinges

OP
OP
S

Sssssss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also I'm looking at putting a drain plug in the rear diff. has anyone else done this or does anyone recommend against this. Got the idea from the how to section.

Thanks
Mandus

OP
OP
S

Sssssss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One more thing I'm also going with mopar synthetic trans. lube to maybe remedy some of the NGR and was wondering if I need to do some kind of flush to the trans as it was filled with dextron III

Thanks again
Mandus