997 GT2 Vs. Viper SRT10 !

Viper4Christ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Odd because they state it has the cam in cam technology and variable valve tech. interesting but not surprising they went with the 06 power numbers to compare to.

The closer you get to the top... the more others try to pull you down.
:push:

Viper4Christ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And you dont look like an idiot, criticizing someone's driving skills becasue of a feature they think would be good overall on a car??? Teapot..........

I have a site vmaxatl.com, I own it (SN Heavychevy), there are pictures there and you'll likely find "some" laptimes.......
I had the fastest lap out of everyone at this weekends Nasa event running time trials. By over 1.2 seconds.................

Awesome.. so now that we've established all this keyboard racing, are you going to race Chuck orrr....?

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that why you don't know why your flash isn't working right? :dunno:

I'm sure he's worth every penny.

It doesnt take rocket science to figure out you should try clicking something more than once, if someone cant figure that much out, we can do without them.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome.. so now that we've established all this keyboard racing, are you going to race Chuck orrr....?

My challenge was for us to meet at a neutral track, I cant race him without him doing his part. And it's hard to catch up to someone who can back pedal so fast.

Aside from that I told him I'd come to his home track and beat his best time at my convenience.

But what we end up with is him saying he'll post his schedule and it's up to me to #1 put his time in my schedule #2 at the track of his choice and #3 be sure that he'll show up. I dont have time for all that. If he firmly believes I **** at driving there wouldnt be all this diversion.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ring times mean jack over here bro....Look no further than the last C&D lightening lap where both Z06 and Viper went against each other...Same day same approximate time same driver etc...Keep in mind the track is 4+ miles long...Long enough for the Z06 to exert its dominance over the Viper.....It only beat the Viper by .5 in 4+ miles...Yes it won but makes you put Ring times in perspective...

To break it down further so you see exactly where Im coming from lets consider the Ring times...According to the Ring the Z06 is over 30secs faster then the Viper....That kind of superiority would show up on most tracks especially a long one like VIR with comparable turns like the Ring.....Why then only a .5 advantage for the Z06???Ring times dont mean squat unless both cars had MFG times behind them...The Viper has never had the benefit of Chrysler development or factory sponsored laps of the Ring....BTW the Viper also ran VIR faster then the 997 911 tt...You know the 911 did a Z06 beating 7:40 at the Ring...The Ring is a nice accomplishment but its far from a foolproof way to judge which car will be faster on every track..

Also look at the Vipers history vs the 911.....It dominated the 993 911TT on tracks even though the 993 911TT did much better times at the Ring..Check old MT or C&D articles if you dont believe me.......Lets just wait and see what both are capable of before we all cast our votes....To not give the Viper a chance is foolish...Its only had a history of humbling the technomarvels of the supercar world....I too think the GT2 will edge it out but I cant see it embarassing the Viper by more than 1-2secs...I think it will be close enough to be a drivers race...Cant wait for the head to head...

I agree with you about the Ring times, as they are not really representative of ANY car's time unless the cars are campaigned at the track.
Chevy took an expert team of drivers and engineers out to the Ring to get their top times, and of course Porsche has the Ring as a neighborhood testbed racetrack, so there are no doubt HUNDREDS of laps clocked with GT2s there, as opposed to one time around the Ring with a SRT-10 Viper by someone who new the track, but was totally unfamiliar with the Viper. Which makes for a totally invalid comparison.:nono:

And the C&D lightning Lap has been run with the '08 Viper, which now holds the record so far, beating the Z06 and all other cars tested.

I think that the GT2 is definitely going to be fast, being essentially a GT3 with the 997TT's turbocharged engine +50HP.

But I do believe that with the new Viper's 600HP and revised drivetrain, suspension, and tires that it will be VERY competitive at the racetrack.:2tu:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesnt take rocket science to figure out you should try clicking something more than once, if someone cant figure that much out, we can do without them.

It also doesn't take a rocket scientist to make flash work right. If a website can't figure it out, then maybe people might decide they can do without YOU. Eyeballs leave for the slightest reasons. Looks like you're way out of your league in more than one thing. :rolleyes:

And to think I was just making a friendly offer to fix a simple problem. :dunno:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This has gotten silly.....Putting all the bs aside I would like to see a head to head between Chuck and Bluestreak......Both are accomplished drivers so it would be fun as long as some class is involved......Dont care to see grown men settling disputes like girls launching verbal attacks at each other etc.......Settle it on track carguy style......Loser buys lunch and beer.......No need for a 20 page catfight a la SororityAlley......

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This has gotten silly.....Putting all the bs aside I would like to see a head to head between Chuck and Bluestreak......Both are accomplished drivers so it would be fun as long as some class is involved......Dont care to see grown men settling disputes like girls launching verbal attacks at each other etc.......Settle it on track carguy style......Loser buys lunch and beer.......No need for a 20 page catfight a la SororityAlley......

I've been tracking a dozen times a year for ten years. I'm not gonna go to the tremendous expense of changing my schedule just so junior can show me his c**k. If he feels he has something to prove then come to any of the tracks and prove it. I really don't care either way.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck what kind of brakes do you have on your GTS? Stock brakes on the Gen IIs can't keep up on track days.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It also doesn't take a rocket scientist to make flash work right. If a website can't figure it out, then maybe people might decide they can do without YOU. Eyeballs leave for the slightest reasons. Looks like you're way out of your league in more than one thing. :rolleyes:

And to think I was just making a friendly offer to fix a simple problem. :dunno:

Well it's hard to see through your sarcasm to notice when you are being friendly.

I OWN the website, and if people want to leave it, it's their perogative, but it's mine and I'm not going anywhere. Besides, we are all good friends anyways, so no one's in a hurry to get rid of anyone else.

I agree. Completely. But I'll have to be the one to hunt him down, and it's not worth the effort, I'll report back with laptimes when I get to sebring, that should do it.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. Completely. But I'll have to be the one to hunt him down, and it's not worth the effort, I'll report back with laptimes when I get to sebring, that should do it.

Just post your car and laptimes at whatever tracks you've been and quit your yapping. You're incessant BS is boring.

OP
OP
M

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
who the hell is bluestreak !

clearly not a viper owner ! clearly not a viper potential customer, and for sure not a viper fan !

Mr.I CHALLENGE YOU ! drive to his track run your best times and post them here so we can compare. dont wait him :rolleyes:

easy and simple.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

clearly not a viper owner ! clearly not a viper potential customer, and for sure not a viper fan !

Mr.I CHALLENGE YOU ! drive to his track run your best times and post them here so we can compare. dont wait him :rolleyes:

easy and simple.

You make a point... he IS the troll in here. Bottom line though is that it doesn't matter. His driving skills doesn't have an affect on his opinions... which are wrong. Point is, his Pooooourshhh is booooring and he needs to come here to liven things up for himself, because we all know how exciting Vipers are.

Funny how the 2 (you can still count to 2 right?) people who make the most noise about all this aren't even Viper owners. While there are good arguments on both sides of this issue what credibility do you have if you don't even own one?

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score

easy and simple.

As I said, I will do just that. Likely during a NASA event for clean laps, but if I dont get stuck in a novice group in Jan. with PBOC, and can get some open track, then I'll be ok.

But trust me, I will be posting here as soon as I go.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I said, I will do just that. Likely during a NASA event for clean laps, but if I dont get stuck in a novice group in Jan. with PBOC, and can get some open track, then I'll be ok.

But trust me, I will be posting here as soon as I go.

Looking forward to seeing the results. Good luck when you get there! (no sarcasm intended)

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny how the 2 (you can still count to 2 right?) people who make the most noise about all this aren't even Viper owners. While there are good arguments on both sides of this issue what credibility do you have if you don't even own one?

I guess this is a stab at me as well since I dont own a Viper....Ive been on this forum a long time...Been a Viper fan since 89 so I could give two shytes what you think of my non ownership.....With your logic "educated" opinions mean nothing if you dont own the car...Utter bs.....Hope you dont post on any other car forums unless you own said forum car....:rolleyes:

OP
OP
M

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well to make this thread friendly and fun !

why dont you guys race n XBox Live ! LOL no joke Forza 2 is awesome :D

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess this is a stab at me as well since I dont own a Viper....Ive been on this forum a long time...Been a Viper fan since 89 so I could give two shytes what you think of my non ownership.....With your logic "educated" opinions mean nothing if you dont own the car...Utter bs.....Hope you dont post on any other car forums unless you own said forum car....:rolleyes:

This is a free country. Speak your mind and you will be listened to, but have the humility to understand that if you don't own one, what you say lacks authority to a degree. For all anyone knows, you're just some kid here to troll for reaction. So jumping up and down on the soapbox demanding to be heard AND be able to change the minds of people who live and breath Vipers just invokes an eye-rolling reaction. Maybe you will never have a Viper... so why should anyone take what you say seriously about what the future of it should be? Why would you like a car that you want to change so much for so long? Since 89 did you think "wow... if only it had paddles, tc? THEN I'll finally buy one?" :dunno:

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a deposit on a gorgeous black/silver 98, and was on my way to pick it up, but I just couldnt get over the fact that Palmer Dodge lied to me so.

The car had:

Header Wrap
Aftermarket exhaust all the way from the headers
Tune (unnamed)
CCW's w/ spacers
All kinds of other crap under the hood (neat though)
AND A SHIFT LIGHT!!!!!!!!! not like a little one either, IT WAS HUGE, like a 19mm socket size, and blocked almost the whole instrument panel.

Yet they told me the car had NEVER been raced!!!!!!!

I even told them I didnt care(over and over again), but just to tell me so I know how much looking over the car needed, because I was going to the track by the end of the week anyways. But the guy refused to be honest after several times trying to get him to come clean, and in the end I just bailed.

I wanted to get it and spank some Z06's on the track. But then I started hearing how the SRT's had better brakes and suspension, and started looking into those, so the time got drawn out, so one weekend I went to Road Atlanta to watch and there was a LOT of Porsches running, and there was a guy in a white 997 TT cab smoking the GT3's. I had a 996 TT coupe by the end of the next week.

I could very well be in a Viper right now, but just wasnt the right timing, but I will be, before I ever buy another corvette. Only a matter of time. I'll wait to see how the 08's prices hold up.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a free country. Speak your mind and you will be listened to, but have the humility to understand that if you don't own one, what you say lacks authority to a degree. For all anyone knows, you're just some kid here to troll for reaction. So jumping up and down on the soapbox demanding to be heard AND be able to change the minds of people who live and breath Vipers just invokes an eye-rolling reaction. Maybe you will never have a Viper... so why should anyone take what you say seriously about what the future of it should be? Why would you like a car that you want to change so much for so long? Since 89 did you think "wow... if only it had paddles, tc? THEN I'll finally buy one?" :dunno:

You are a gem.....You are telling me about humility and yet your posts are dripping with arrogance and pompousity.......You are talking down to someone you know nothing about and assuming all kind of idiotic nonsence thats only in your head.....Im making my point and you see it as jumping up and down for attention....Says alot about your thought process...Its funny how owning car x can make some think there shyte dont stink...The last few of your stupid questions makes no sense to me as it has nothing to do with I was discussing. Did you see me post anything about paddles and tc???...Get your nose out of the air and back to reality....

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are a gem.....You are telling me about humility and yet your posts are dripping with arrogance and pompousity.......You are talking down to someone you know nothing about and assuming all kind of idiotic nonsence thats only in your head.....Im making my point and you see it as jumping up and down for attention....Says alot about your thought process...Its funny how owning car x can make some think there shyte dont stink...The last few of your stupid questions makes no sense to me as it has nothing to do with the thread topic. Did you see me post anything about paddles and tc???...Get your nose out of the air and back to reality....

Actually... this has nothing to do about you, but people who don't own Viper and come in here making a big stink about what they think a Viper should be. If that's not you, it doesn't apply. I'm reminded everyday my **** stinks. Do yours? :rolleyes:

God bless America. :usa:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a deposit on a gorgeous black/silver 98, and was on my way to pick it up, but I just couldnt get over the fact that Palmer Dodge lied to me so.

The car had:

Header Wrap
Aftermarket exhaust all the way from the headers
Tune (unnamed)
CCW's w/ spacers
All kinds of other crap under the hood (neat though)
AND A SHIFT LIGHT!!!!!!!!! not like a little one either, IT WAS HUGE, like a 19mm socket size, and blocked almost the whole instrument panel.

Yet they told me the car had NEVER been raced!!!!!!!
HAHAHA... I got a similar setup with a HUGE can of Nitrous in the trunk. Same story: never raced. :omg:
Took it to a Vipertech, and it passed inspection. That's all I cared about.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually... this has nothing to do about you, but people who don't own Viper and come in here making a big stink about what they think a Viper should be. If that's not you, it doesn't apply. I'm reminded everyday my **** stinks. Do yours? :rolleyes:

God bless America. :usa:

You make no sense but Ill let this go...Have a nice day...And I dont drive a Viper so yes my shyte does stink:)