A/C fan velocity

tahart

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 1998 RT/10. Velocity of air coming out of upper vents is not what I’d like. Nothing compared to newer vehicles. Is it possible to change that fan motor to something better? Also, there is a good bit of air coming out both lower round holes at all times. Those holes are just open with no diverted Or way to stop that air. There is a soft sponge type gasket all way around the inside of the openings of those holes like something goes there?

I’d like more velocity on the upper vents! Any suggestions?

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
You might check the doors on the A/C unit. Maybe the mode door isn't moving so the airflow isn't changing? Can you tell any difference in airflow between the different vent positions on the controls? I'd start there and see if it's changing at all. If it is then it sounds like the door is probably working at least. Might check the blower motor resistor as well. Typically I think those just fail, I don't know that they "go bad" in the sense of slowing the fan down, but could be worth checking as well. Lastly, you might try lubing the bearings on the fan itself if you can. My gen 3 blew the resistor because I had some corrosion on the fan bushings. I just cleaned it up and put some white lithium grease on it and it's been working fine ever since. Some corrosion could be causing drag on the system, which I think it was blew my resistor.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala