A/C problem (In Ohio)

A1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After getting the Viper out of winter storage I find I have the same problem as last year, no cold A/C air. I buy a refill bottle with the gauge and recharge this myself once again. I have the Chrysler warrany which expires in Aug of this year but am not convinced of a good local dealer that could take care of this (if it is covered under the warranty). Any suggestion of a good A/C shop near Columbus?

Thanks

A1998

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must say, Dodge did a HORRIFIC job with not only the performance of the A/C, but the reliability as well. Maybe they did a better job with the Gen III. I had my entire system replaced under warranty late last year, and just pulled it out from storage about a month ago. Low and behold, no cold air. [******]! Is there anything I can check (Freon level, etc...)

-Rant over.

OP
OP
A

A1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can do what I did. I went to Advanced Auto and purchased a can of Freon that has the gauge hose enclosed. Hook up the hose, start the car, and it will tell you if it is low, or just bad. You can add the Freon safely just watch the gauge. How long the freon stays in is anyone's guess. Mine stayed in all last summer, just leaked out over the winter months.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang