A Festivas Miracle

smfettig

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello all and Happy Holidays,

Just before Christmas I went with a friend to the Dodge dealership in Oakland, CA to look at one of two new 2004 Vipers. Both of us wanted to see what the new ones had to offer as compared to my 1994 RT-10. (BTW I wouldn't trade my 94 in for anything in the world) After taking it for a ride the dealer tried to seal the deal like any normal salesman would do. He initally knocked off $5K and then $8K. My friend had no intention of buying the car but did want to compare it to his new Vette. After several minutes of trying to make an exit we finally left. Three days later my friend gets a call from the dealership and the salesman offered to knock $20K off the sticker. That would have brought the price down to $65K. Has anyone here heard of such a deal? Hell, for that price we both should have bought one. Not me though I'm in love with my Gen I.

Happy New Year to all.

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did he say,"If I can get $20k off sticker, will you buy?" It's called low balling, it gets you back to the dealer to negotiate some more. Don't ask me how I know!

Isaac

OP
OP
S

smfettig

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After hearing that he would knock $20K off my friend was ready to sell the Vette and pick up the Viper. I've never seen him smile like before, except when I let him drive my 94 once.

BTW The fun factor of the old Vipers is much higher than that of the new. Does anyone else feel that way or am I just biased???

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
After hearing that he would knock $20K off my friend was ready to sell the Vette and pick up the Viper. I've never seen him smile like before, except when I let him drive my 94 once.

BTW The fun factor of the old Vipers is much higher than that of the new. Does anyone else feel that way or am I just biased???

I see that you are a newbie here and so far you have spoken wisely of the Vipers my friend! :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960