A MUST WATCH

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the History Channel tonight and Replay Tuesday @ 9pm eastern 8 central
Top Gear - Premieres Sunday, November 21, at 10/9c
Cobra Attack

In episode one there's a battle between two snakes as Rutledge Wood and Tanner Foust give the soon to be replaced Dodge Viper SRT a fitting send off by pitting it against a Cobra attack helicopter through the streets of Griffin, Georgia. Adam Ferrara, Rutledge Wood and Tanner Foust settle which is the best Lamborghini ever, in a 180 mile an hour desert drag race. Astronaut Buzz Aldrin takes to the Top Gear test track.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bah you guys get all the good car shows, Europe stinks BAD when it comes to the amount of those! if anyone has recorded this and is willing to send me a dvd please let me know!

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was pretty awesome that the Viper ACR was the first car to run the power lap, and also set the bar for the other cars. I hope Tanner doesn't drift every car through the series (he just overdoes it IMO). Dodge is definitely keeping the Viper name out there for the public.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well as far as I can gather Top Gear and maybe 5th Gear are the only shows worth watching over here, we don't get all the cooler shows you have in the U.S. like Monster Garage and a couple of others.

That's pretty ironic, since it was a European show first. :dunno:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
In my opinion, Tanner and Rutlege did a GREAT job, driving and comically. "Like bringing Pamela Anderson home to your mother" they joked about the practicality vs sexiness of the Viper..... The set was a virtual duplicate of the BBC set in UK....and the themes the same.

The Cat and Mouse SRT10 vs. UH-1 Cobra Gunship was hilarious. They actually installed a TWS in the Viper to detect missile lock, and firing, and kills. Amazing!

And The Stig raced 3 New Lambos and also the ACR, which easily beat all 3. ACR beat the fastest Lambo by almost a full second! And they had a 1:33 LSE on the set!

It was a proud-day to be an ACR and Viper Owner! It replays twice Tuesday, and twice Friday, History Channel.

Title COBRA ATTACK....... you will laugh and grin..... no disappointments. MUST WATCH indeed.

Last edited:

JohnnyLightning

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy smokes that was awesome. I have it DVRrd and bured to go along with my MacGuyver series...:drive:

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
..and an important comparison was made to the Shelby Cobra.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Great show and it really hit on how this is the last of a breed. With government mandating traction control, stability management, etc. nice read on how the current Viper will be a special driver's car that we, probably, will never see again.

The 1:33 in the show was a majorly massaged machine done by Woodhouse Motorsports, so the actual reason it was not driven on the track was not because it was so rare, but because the show decided on a stock ACR to set the track standard. Though it would have been fun to run the beast, have to agree that it lends more credibility to run the stock ACR , and I thought the " Stig" looked like he had the Snake right on the edge.

Had to make everyone proud after hearing all the low 3 second runs to 60 with some of the Lambos, to have the least expensive car out there just tear things up. It will be interesting to see how long it stands, but one imagines it could be quite awhile.:2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang