A Note to Dodge

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a member of Viper faithful for twenty years, I have a few requests that I hope you will entertain now that SRT is in its proper place as a performance division

1. Market the car. Hire Autotrader if you need to...(lol) but seriously hire someone with imagination and purpose.
2. Announce the colors, interior and exterior as well as options in advance. Have a solid reveal date. How do you order a car blindly?
3. Inform us of the models....coupe, ACR, TA or vert.

I am sure other owners will follow with other suggestions

PS: if Chevy still has rights to " Magic Carpet Ride" ....buy it back :drive:

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While they weren't the most vocal before, they have gotten really quiet since the restructuring. We shall see what happens now that CAAP is open again. Makes sense not much is being said (even by our favorite loudmouth Ralph)

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just called a Chrysler media person whose portfolio includes the plant and asked about the plant reopening. She stated that it opened today and that it is producing 2014s.

While they weren't the most vocal before, they have gotten really quiet since the restructuring. We shall see what happens now that CAAP is open again. Makes sense not much is being said (even by our favorite loudmouth Ralph)

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very Good Suggestions...

Weather open now or not,if the Viper is not improved(Wow Factor Stuff) and marketed correctly in the future, that plant will be closed in a year....I mean they have hundreds of new Vipers sitting at dealers now they can not sell...
Hope they get their act together...

They are on the right track with the TA.....

Ya,it July almost,why 14 models,that crazy,another bad move....

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, They can build 14s up to Dec 31 if they choose to. That is what happened with the 2012 Dodge Rams as there was a ton of them on the lots and also to get away from having to add DEF to the diesels. I know it is not the norm but they do not have to start 15s in June.

Bryan Savage

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does Dodge even care to read this forum?

Although I would commend any manufacturer to keep their finger on the pulse of the community, there are thousands of opinions on the internet. Paying a team of social networkers just to keep up and surf forums would be a waste of corporate money. I don't think Dodge would put too much time into reading us whine on this forum.

A vehicle as high-image and as low-volume as the Viper is likely a hot topic with Fiat-Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep-Maserati-Lancia-Ferrari-Alfa Romeo. The engineers and car people want this car, but I have no doubt the accountants do not. Business is not a charity. The division cannot operate at a loss. If they do not sell cars, they will cease to be produced. Simple as that.

This car is un-test-driveable. It is too expensive for a dealership to purchase for itself, and anyone shopping for a $100,000 car is not going to want the demo model. I encourage you to let people drive YOUR car. If you have a Gen V, it is part of your obligation to let people see it and experience it.

Personally, I feel the car is too expensive, but I don't have a solution. There's just no room in today's market for cars that aren't full of features and tech, or cars that aren't comfortable and don't have premium everything. It would be awesome to see a $70,000 Viper, but it would be hot, loud, bare bones, and a rattle trap. Vipers have a tough enough time scoring any points with journalists or the media that a step backwards in quality is not going to help.

The Viper is in a league of its own. Those who already know, know this. Dodge needs to do more to convince everyone BUT us.