A.P. Engineering and Autoform - Let the debate begin

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well my three piece top by A.P. Engineering and my Autoform spoiler have been added. I love the top. Jeff from A.P. installed it himself. I love the profile it gives the car. It really makes it look low to the ground. I've only had it out a couple of times but gotten a ton of compliments on the look of the top.

The spoiler just got added. I really think it finishes the car off.

I am sure some people will disagree, but I really like the look. Here are some before and after pictures:

You must be registered for see images attach

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The top is a no brainer! :2tu:

Spoiler always has me on the fence, I like it on other peoples cars but don't want one on mine. I guess that means I like it on yours? :2tu:

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not a spoiuler kind of guy.....but as the owner of one of Jeff's creations (newer generation as in these pics), I'm kind of partial to it!

Still have mhy Mopar top when I want that look though!

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not much of a fan for having a spoiler on the back of the RT, but I do like the Autoform spoiler.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what is so NEAT about cars as a hobby. Everyone has a different view. That's what make all the new models unique. I looked hard at the 3 piece top and pictures. Decided I like stock looks and toupe look. Downloaded lots of cars with the spoiler and liked the stock look, So I saved a few bucks. It all has to do with what you like!!

OP
OP
W

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To me the spoiler and the top to me finish off what is a supercar. Not to mention the functionality of top is what totally drove me to the purchase. To be able to go *******, yet have the top in the trunk in a pinch is critical.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to comment.

Your 'after' pictures are just beautiful. The car looks terrific!

Congrats and good taste too!

Jay K.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 3-piece tops look good as a replacement for the soft top. I like the factory hard top better overall. There are two drawbacks that I can see to the 3 piece top. Can you wear a helmet in there ;) .....and I'm guessing that even though it fits in the trunk, you would need to be extremely careful with it and not be able to have a lot else in there with it for fear of damage. The soft top is much more forgiving. You can basically stuff it in there with lots of other stuff and not worry about damage. While it doesn't look very good, the soft top is much more versatile. I was also told by someone who bought a 3 piece top last year that it was much noisier than either other top. Maybe they're improved now.

That being said....Looks good on your car!

Steve

OP
OP
W

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are two drawbacks that I can see to the 3 piece top. Can you wear a helmet in there ;) .....and I'm guessing that even though it fits in the trunk, you would need to be extremely careful with it and not be able to have a lot else in there with it for fear of damage. The soft top is much more forgiving. You can basically stuff it in there with lots of other stuff and not worry about damage. While it doesn't look very good, the soft top is much more versatile. I was also told by someone who bought a 3 piece top last year that it was much noisier than either other top. Maybe they're improved now.
Steve

To be honest, the top is lower and a seat lowering kit is a good idea, but I thought that about the factory top as well, because of the inability to see the traffic lights. I bought the storage bags and plan to put a thin piece of foam in there, however, the pieces are very light and therefore I am not worried about them. As far as the noise goes, I can tell you the installation and fitting is going to play a huge part in that area. Jeff istalled mine and did a great job. I would say at most its 5% louder and only when you hit a good bump, other than that I would say its virtually the same as far as noise goes.

ptmstr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think the lines of the new top don't flow right with the rounded shape the gen 2 vipers posess. the sharp straight top may look good on a gen3, but do not flow with the curves of the gen 2. just my opinion.