A sad, sad, day....

jimster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did it....I sold my Gen I. It's being picked up tomorrow and will be headed to Stangavar (sp?) Norway.

For some strange reason I'm really bummed about it. Even though my Gen II is more comfortable to drive it just doesn't have the same visceral character. The upside is I drove it for a year and a half and made $8k on it when I sold it.

You'd think I'd be pleased about it....but I'm not. It's like losing a ***** mistress and having to settle for the wife...she'll do, but it's not as fun.

bth1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I sure hope you got cash for it and not one of those kind overseas brokers that will send you bank check/wire that includes money for transport and their comision :)

OP
OP
J

jimster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, I got cash....a bank transfer from BoA.

I'm thinking a Ford GT is next on the list...I'm gonna check out bigcarrot's when I get a chance.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"You'd think I'd be pleased about it....but I'm not. It's like losing a ***** mistress and having to settle for the wife...she'll do, but it's not as fun."

That should be in a Hallmark card!

Sorry you miss your car! If I ever sell mine, it'll be to buy another Viper, but I'll still miss this one tons

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 410 WHP 350Z was picked up by a transport today. I spent 2-1/2 years and $20K building that car. I know how ya feel. (and I didn't make the profit you did on the sale.)

OP
OP
J

jimster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here she is in all her glory...1994, original paint. (never in my life have I been this attached to a car-I feel like I've lost a member of my family)

8565DSCF1932-med.JPG

8565DSCF1929-med.JPG

8565DSCF1934-med.JPG

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we need a couseling section where we can all post about our loses. Like a viper loss therapy place. Cherish those Kodak memories.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are worse ways to lose one. I totaled mine. I found an identical car with only 1500 miles in better shape than mine. But I still wonder where my poor hurt baby wound up. Your car is alive and well, in no danger of being parted out and you can always track her down and buy her back, even across the big water.

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hey jimster

may ask how much you got for it?...what was the milage?...thinking about selling mine, just curious!

thanks

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's nice when you can buy a car, drive it and sell it for $8,000 more than you paid! And it's a Viper! Gotta love it! :2tu:

You'll be fine with the Gen II! :D

Viper Fever

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I sold my 95 yellow RT10 5 years ago and was the only
car that I ever sold that I really regretted selling.
When I saw it being loaded on the car carrier I just had that sick gut feeling. Last month I bought a Yellow RT10
95 to correct my mistake. Good luck---------------

OP
OP
J

jimster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
may I ask how much you got for it?

$37.5k

what was the milage?

Mid 20's.....

Before you get too happy about making money, my car was in mint, showroom-new condition with extra accessories, i.e. late gen wheels, Viper Mania Windows, etc. It was stock with all recalls done and had tires with less than 500 miles on them.

If I'd sold it locally I'd have been lucky to get $30k for it. Instead, I sold my car outside the US and where the dollar is weak. Due to the exchange rate US cars are considerably cheaper here than abroad, more so if they're used and VAT exempt.

When I sell a car I advertise it in Europe, Dubai, UAE, and anywhere else there's a market for it. And there's a lot of brokers who'll make the procees easy if you decide to go that route.

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
may I ask how much you got for it?

$37.5k

what was the milage?

Mid 20's.....

Before you get too happy about making money, my car was in mint, showroom-new condition with extra accessories, i.e. late gen wheels, Viper Mania Windows, etc. It was stock with all recalls done and had tires with less than 500 miles on them.

If I'd sold it locally I'd have been lucky to get $30k for it. Instead, I sold my car outside the US and where the dollar is weak. Due to the exchange rate US cars are considerably cheaper here than abroad, more so if they're used and VAT exempt.

When I sell a car I advertise it in Europe, Dubai, UAE, and anywhere else there's a market for it. And there's a lot of brokers who'll make the procees easy if you decide to go that route.

WOW, I think you got a great sale price, or I got mine at a decent price.

I have a 94 w/19K, 02 wheels and other minor stuff, gave 33K 1.5 years ago. Although I did spend $2800 for the wheels and new tires.....

Sounds like you need to take it for a good bye ride tonight.

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hey jimster

to tell you the truth, the pics of your car look exactly like mine...i have the same wheels, and sooooo pristine! i only have 13000 miles though! i have several upgrades also...but nothing too drastic and all the stock parts too! just wondering what i should be looking to get, if i sell mine! big if!!!

thanks for the info!

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you should have sold that GenII and kept the real VIPER...

nothing beats the sidepipes, nice car you had there

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you a car dealer? I have seen many aftermarket wheels on this site but no wheels have the same effect as putting Gen II or III wheels on a Gen I RT/10. Timeless styling with the sidepipes only need the updated wheels to look new and awesome. I am never selling my Viper.

OP
OP
J

jimster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you should have sold that GenII and kept the real VIPER...

nothing beats the sidepipes, nice car you had there

Yea, your absolutely right. I've found another '94 and am negotiating price so I'll cross my fingers and see if it works out.

Are you a car dealer? I have seen many aftermarket wheels on this site but no wheels have the same effect as putting Gen II or III wheels on a Gen I RT/10. Timeless styling with the sidepipes only need the updated wheels to look new and awesome.

Not a car dealer, I just enjoy cars. But more than that I enjoy keeping my hard earned money.

Regarding the styling, I have to agree. Putting late gen wheels on a gen I car really makes a difference in the perception of value, more so when you see some of the pricing Gen II cars. For some people it's hard to justify the additional cost of a Gen II when they see a Gen I that looks as good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razorwire