about to offer $ on a viper.... need your help one last time... quick

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
about to put an offer in on a car. Sorry to keep making posts about this but it will be my first viper and Im getting excited...

its a 93 with 15500 miles on it. The whole car was repainted after a small collision that damaged the bumper(replaced with OEM).
The car comes with a clean carfax however.
This car is pretty much bone stock also.

what is it worth?

kickinasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
15,500 is about right for mileage...so $32K-$35K for something in descent condition. At 15,500 you have to look at tire condition (wear), etc. too. if it even has the original tires anymore. 2004 with 15,000 miles sold for $37K.

kickinasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear (see) all these prices...and yeah with damage history will hurt price some..but has anyone really bought a 93-94 Viper for under $30K with less than 20K miles? with 60,000 miles maybe?? I think the bottom is $30K... once in a while you hear $28K but it has a lot of miles and the typical damage to front fascia, wheel rash, rust on battery tray/rear fascia, leather seats show a lot of wear, dash is scarred, etc., I guess it depends on the area of the country..if its a real clean car here in Michigan, its more than $30K.

OP
OP

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
like I posted before, a friend of my friend sold a red 94 with 8,000 miles for $24,500 and I missed it by a day
clean title, bone stock, etc unbelievable deal
he needed $ for a real estate investment and let it go right away

the deals are out there

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
High 20s. This car has been totally repainted and is 13 years old. It is nowhere near "unique" mileage either. Selling this car in a few years will be a nightmare...mileage, plus repaint = horrible resale

How much are you willing to spend? What are your plans for the car? There are huge advantages of getting GENII cars and with the market being very slow you can get yourself into a Gen II RT10 for under 40k. JMHO

The difference between 32k and 38k financed for 5 to 7 years is very small.

looking for Viper GTS for CPE TT's

This car doesn't exactly fit that description...

SNAKE BITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The whole car was repainted after a small collision that damaged the bumper(replaced with OEM).

I would pass on this car. You do NOT re-paint a whole car for a rear fascia replace. I doubt your getting the real story.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tough to come up with a number on this one. If it is clean with no frame damage and a VERY light accident, the $32K range is good but if the damage was pretty bad and still no frame damage, use it to your advantage. People do not like accident Vipers, regardless of how bad, so try and get some money off the price. If they do not budge, take your $35K and get a clean no accident GEN I.

OP
OP

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
High 20s. This car has been totally repainted and is 13 years old. It is nowhere near "unique" mileage either. Selling this car in a few years will be a nightmare...mileage, plus repaint = horrible resale

How much are you willing to spend? What are your plans for the car? There are huge advantages of getting GENII cars and with the market being very slow you can get yourself into a Gen II RT10 for under 40k. JMHO

The difference between 32k and 38k financed for 5 to 7 years is very small.

looking for Viper GTS for CPE TT's

This car doesn't exactly fit that description...

who do you use for financing. The banks Ive talked to wont finance a car that is older than a 99.

The gen 1 would be a car to just drive. Later on, I would sell and get a gen2 for the CPE TT's.

BDZ1984

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have my 96 financed through Capital One... Its a 10 year old car... Its all about your credit... If the repaint was done right I wouldnt worry to much but if its noticable then I would say pass... Like other have said why repaint the whole car for just a rear end collision...
-Brian

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) If it was rearended, ask for pictures before repair
2) Ask for pictures during repair to show the extent of damage
IF the car is documented with pictures (as I did due to frontal collision and light frame damage, clean title) you have less to worry.

A collision story is as good as a fishing story without pictures...

IF everything matches, make peace with yourself, are you willing to accept the fact that EVERY buyer will drag the collision issue on the table when you sell it. If that does not bother you, proceed.

I have had my 1993 5 years and had the unfortune to rearend an idiot in the middle of a highway. Bent the upper L hook on frame, it was cut out and replaced. Front destroyed as well as the hood. I had the whole car painted due to that.

NOBODY is so stupid that paints a WHOLE car due to rear bumper replacement!!!!AND in different color???

I would INSIST pictures, if they cannot be provided, walk away...

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tough to come up with a number on this one. If it is clean with no frame damage and a VERY light accident, the $32K range is good but if the damage was pretty bad and still no frame damage, use it to your advantage. People do not like accident Vipers, regardless of how bad, so try and get some money off the price. If they do not budge, take your $35K and get a clean no accident GEN I.

EXACTLY what I was thinking, people JUST don't like to buy cars that have been in an accident, especially Vipers

buy low and keep it-or get something else

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assume you have not seen the car. Do not buy a Viper without looking it over very carefully, on a lift. I looked at a 94 that was in "great" shape, and the paint had small cracks all over it. The value of the car depends a lot upon the care (garaged?), maintenance, track time, and condition. Without seeing the car, you really know none of these.

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Forged, I would love to have your car, just 10 grand out of my price range :(

About the OPs post. Wait this one out. Never be in a hurry to purchase a car like this. There are several old RT10s out there in the mid lower 30s range. Wait a little and someone will give you a great deal on one.