About to Purchase a GTS

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In Houston and would like to see if anyone in the area wouldn’t mind tagging along to check out the car this Saturday. Ryan, Gotone has been very helpful in doing what he can to find me a GTS. I will admit that although he lets me tag along in my SRT Ram on the viper drives, I don’t know much about the GTS. It would be very much appreciated if anyone available could meet me this Saturday to look the car over. I can get specifics prior to then and will get everyone my phone number if needed. Please PM me if you can assist.

Thanks all,

Chris

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got a link to the car for sale? What year, miles, color, price? Throw a bone, we might wag our tails and help out.

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you run a Carfax on the Vin #? As listed earlier, all the specs posted up here would help us out.

Personally, I am busy all day Saturday helping my mother move. If you need help another time, I may be available. I have a 99 GTS.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked to Jim out in Houston and also a certain individual who owns a shop down there...I would recomend seeing if you could have the guy meet you at this person's shop to look over the car.

But then again, Houston guys...anything you can do to help a future Texas Viper owner, would be greatly appreciated!!!

Chris, I'd come down with you, but I have a prior engagement that takes me out of town all weekend...

V

Venomiss

Spend the $$ and get a certified Viper Tech to take a look at the car.
Money well spent. Good luck!

OP
OP
S

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be on the road Saturday even if I can’t find someone to drive my truck back. Had the VIN run through a dealer, not sure of what that entails. It appears the only service was done for a tranny seal nothing service wise is listed on the CarFax. Car was in York PA for its first seven years then came to Texas and lived in Horseshoe Bay then San Antonio. The car is a Blue/White 96 GTS. Vin ending in V200366. Any help would be appreciated and if I can swing driving it to any of the local shops for a once over I wouldnt mind paying someone.

Thanks everyone,

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey, Chris! Red SRT-10 quad cab, right? The deal in Colorado fell through? That's a bummer, but if you can pick up a blue/white...well, some thing happen for a reason!

My weekend is pretty booked up, but I've got Friday off next week if you want to make a day of it and have a tech check it out or just want help bringing it back. Do a search on this site for a checklist on things to check for and ask about when buying a Viper; it varies by year/model. For example, for my particular car (1993 RT/10) I asked about which tops came with the car, if the head gaskets had been replaced yet, if there were any major or minor mods done to the car, if there was any door sag, etc. I'll check my *** and see if I still have all the helpful info the guys sent me when I was looking.

Send me a PM or get my number from Ryan if you want some company on the drive next week. My Ram only has the Hemi in it, but I think having a Viper and a Ram makes me qualified enough to pilot your SRT Ram safely back to Austin! If you have to get down there sooner than later, good luck on your trip!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
call tator with the vin and he can help you with whats been don in the dealerships. thats where i would start at least.

also lets ya know who did the recalls if at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine