About to purchase, is this good?

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds good but, do you have the maintenance records. i.e. Oil change etc.

Will you be the forth owner?

Vipers are very strong and hard to kill but, it can be done. I'd have a local Viper tech give it a once over.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have bought a number of cars but only one viper so take this for what it's worth.Car has changed hands alot .WHY ?That storm entry bothers me too.As far as the engine,with proper maintenance these cars /engines will go 100000+ miles easy
I wouldnt buy anything until I checked VIN with Chuck Tator at Tators Dodge, I think Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse can do this also.Woodhouse also has a large inventory of used Vipers.Before I left to buy, I would want to talk with some of these guys who have bought several Vipers,the knowledge base on this forum is amazng.Good Luck

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I can see it's a 3 owner car with higher than average mileage. I'd bet for that price or maybe 1-2K more you can find a 1-owner with 1/2 those miles.

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
berneto,
Just my opinion....just on the car itself, it appears do have been a car that was just driven and not really pampered much. Alot of the signs are the condition of the engine bay. Particularly down in the corners and crevises. Also, it appears that the finish has alot of swirl in it from mechanical washings too. Could just be the light, but I feel the reflections in the paint should be alot crisper. These are'nt reasons to rule the car out, just nice to know what you have so as to negotiate accordingly. Again, just my opinion. I am a certified technician and I do alot of vehicle condition inspections. Hope this helps.
Jim

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Second thought, if you don't mind a car that's not perfect, low ball him even more. A few grand can go a long way to clean up a car. IMO

OP
OP
B

berneto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hah, already bought it:p I lost a good deal once before, everything seems perfect, excellent condition

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To me if it were an original owner car than I'd say yes, but ...

Hey, my car has 10K less mis, $2K in extras & I'd sell for about a grand more than that one.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was looking at another Viper for a friend and went to my local Dodge dealer service writer and had him look up the service records and if any recalls were done. You don't have to go to Woodhouse or Tator Dodge for help in looking up service records. Changing hands that much would be a red flag to me to really investigate this car. My 05 Comm. Edition had 2 previous owners before I bought it with 2,400 miles. Obviously with that few miles there were no issues. The 2nd owner had it 9 days before selling it to me, however he is a VCA member that I know very well.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hah, already bought it:p I lost a good deal once before, everything seems perfect, excellent condition

Congratulations berneto!!! Now you can be officially changed to Viper Owner or VCA Member~~~get us a pic of the car once you have it! (Once it's YOURS, yessssss!!):2tu:
~juli

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations!!!!!!!! I hope your ready to be treated like a rock star,everyone warned me but the first three months were unbelievable.You are going to have a ball driving that thing,I still can't get the stupid grin off my face after a year! My wife will tell you thats what I normally look like but she's just upset that I spend so much time with the car.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was looking at another Viper for a friend and went to my local Dodge dealer service writer and had him look up the service records and if any recalls were done. You don't have to go to Woodhouse or Tator Dodge for help in looking up service records. Changing hands that much would be a red flag to me to really investigate this car. My 05 Comm. Edition had 2 previous owners before I bought it with 2,400 miles. Obviously with that few miles there were no issues. The 2nd owner had it 9 days before selling it to me, however he is a VCA member that I know very well.

I think the intent here is that Chuck and Mark will always be more than willing to look up a car's service history and will provide you with an expert opinion and recommendations on what they may find. You won't find that at any Dodge dealership.

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the Viper market, I'm not sure I'd write off multiple owners as a bad thing: The Viper isn't the easiest car to own. It gets people excited, and then the reality sets in once it gets driven some by those who were looking for more comfort and easy to drive, gas mileage, etc. It's a diehard enthusiast car looking for the right owner! But you do need to do the homework as suggested by others above to make sure it wasn't for other reasons than what I mentioned here (like a lemon).

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, as long as you did you research on the car, did a carfax and all, you should be good to go. I got my 2004 black with only one owner, just 2800 miles for 52k. Heck of a deal for even now, although that was just 3 months ago, and bought it on ebay as well. Anyway I think you got a pretty good deal. Have fun and before you know it, you will be use to that 510HP and want to upgrade like me. :)

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, make sure and take it in and get a 21 point inspection at a reputable Dodge Dealership. I did and to find out, I just needed a 4 point wheel alignment, from it sitting for so long, thats typical, everything else was perfect. I had a perfect Ebay transaction. Also get the 70,000 mile warranty in it, to me its worth it, you just never know what may happen, and for the price, well worth it. Im sure you can with those miles right?

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to keep posting, but, maybe there is a number of owner rule for the warranty, I am just not sure, but it is worth looking into. I just know I was able to get it for my 2004.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog