Absolute Ridiculosity

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it's not a word....but it should not cost $67.50 for two friggin wiper blades.... stupid insane Viper tax at it's most disgusting.......... 2006 SRT-10 and two wiper blades for $67.50........... At least Viper Parts of America took $20+ off the stealership price of $76 for the pair............

I love my Viper.... but dayum!

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
malcoll, how did you get VPA to take $20+ off (even with a Venom membership, you would of only gotten $14 off) & that item probably wouldn't have even qualified for it!

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What makes the blades so proprietary that we have to pay so much for replacements?

Never mind. I see.

You must be registered for see images

Attachments

• 888_large_image.jpg
    888_large_image.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
OP
OP
M

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say they took $20 off.... the MSRP from Dodge is $75+....but VPA had them for $59 plus $8.50 shipping.... so about $16 off the MSRP........ I'll take what I can get..... but dangit it's a Dodge for crying out loud....

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bosch Wiper Blade - Bosch ICON - Front
Retail Price: $32.85
Your Price: $14.85
Quantity:
Qty Available: 2

(2) In Stock
Part Number: W0133-1654920
Product Remark: Wiper Blade ICON
Position: Front
Condition: New

Shipping Options:
Ground, Overnight, 2 Day

This Product Fits the Following: Warehouse: A
Vehicle
• 2006 Dodge Viper

Click to Enlarge
Bosch Wiper Blade - Front
Retail Price: $21.45
Your Price: $10.85
Quantity:
Qty Available: 1

(1) In Stock
Part Number: W0133-1815477
Product Remark: Evolution
Position: Front
Condition: New

Shipping Options:
Ground, Overnight, 2 Day

hopefully these are different :eater:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say they took $20 off.... the MSRP from Dodge is $75+....but VPA had them for $59 plus $8.50 shipping.... so about $16 off the MSRP........ I'll take what I can get..... but dangit it's a Dodge for crying out loud....

Autozone's universal replacements?

:D :D :D

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got my set of $75 wiper blades too. Ironic that we spend $75 for wiper blades for a car that just about never gets driven in the rain.

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do you need to buy them from the dealer? I bought mine from Auto Zone for less than $30... I never drive in the rain but I didn't get dirt cheap wiper blades either... Seems stupid to pay that much for a little "peace of mind" knowing that's what Dodge prefers IMO stupid purchase... Rain-X works wonders too.

OP
OP
M

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently the 2005 and up is a different attachment... there was nothing at Auto Zone that would fit the attachment to the wiper arm. It is actually a very nice design of the wiper arm and attachment....... If I could see a picture of the one Eucharistos found I would be able to tell if they are compatible, but when I did a search on-line....nothing came up but VPA and stealership....

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased just the rubber inserts from a Toyota dealer and adapted to fit...I think $15 for both
...but that was for a GTS

:D

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....... If I could see a picture of the one Eucharistos found I would be able to tell if they are compatible, but when I did a search on-line....nothing came up but VPA and stealership....

You must be registered for see images attach

and

You must be registered for see images attach

sorry, couldn't get them bigger

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I just bought a new pair too. They are expensive, but they clip right in correctly and i have to say they are the best wiper blades I've ever owned. Plus.....

They're designed not to come apart at 200 mph

Now, the guy that says he got them at autozone.... I guess you wouldn't be able to do that with out changing the whole wiper assembly. at least I don't know how you would attach a generic wiper blade.

Apparently the 2005 and up is a different attachment... there was nothing at Auto Zone that would fit the attachment to the wiper arm.
oops just re-read this part. Makes sense, as I have an 05

OP
OP
M

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well...I got them today... easiest wiper blade change ever.... we'll see how good they are, but I guess I am over the sticker shock and VPA is the best parts house ever......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets