AC Coolant sticker?

GermanViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi friends,

Is there a location in the engine compartment of the Gen 1 Viper where I can find a sticker with info on it, which AC coolant is used? Something like "F12" or "R134A"...

The german customs are asking for this sticker, otherwise they will pump out the fluid before handing me out my Viper.

I hate Germany when it comes to things like these...

Bjoern

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It should be R134a.
If the sticker is gone, the system refrigerant is identifiable by the type of service ports.
R134a service ports are different than R12 service ports.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow thats almost as bad as New Jersey, you need filtered air in your tires. :crazy2: your car has R134a in the AC system.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a location in the engine compartment of the Gen 1 Viper where I can find a sticker with info on it, which AC coolant is used? Something like "F12" or "R134A"...

The german customs are asking for this sticker, otherwise they will pump out the fluid before handing me out my Viper.

I hate Germany when it comes to things like these...

Bjoern

Since no one has posted an answer to your question as to where the label is yet, I will tell you where it might be, based on a Gen 2. On a Gen 2, refrigerant information is on the emissions sticker in the engine compartment on the top of the drivers footwell box, just rearward from the brake master cylinder.
Sorry, I am not familiar with Gen 1.
I realize that the Gen 1 might be different and you may have already looked there.

OP
OP
G

GermanViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Since no one has posted an answer to your question as to where the label is yet, I will tell you where it might be, based on a Gen 2. On a Gen 2, refrigerant information is on the emissions sticker in the engine compartment on the top of the drivers footwell box, just rearward from the brake master cylinder.
Sorry, I am not familiar with Gen 1.
I realize that the Gen 1 might be different and you may have already looked there.

Dear AZTVR,

you were right. Found the sticker, the customs are happy. Will pick up my Viper today! :)

Thanks a lot,

Bjoern

OP
OP
G

GermanViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We changed all the fluids today. Everything is now perfect despite of a clutch problem. Ordered all necessary parts for a clutch rebuild today and will keep you updated... After cosmetic and technical details are good I will post some pics of my German Viper. :)

Only problem that makes me a bit angry: The german customs simply forgot to close the window so after three days parked outside in the pouring rain at the Customs office at Bremerhaven port the snake still is a kind of a rolling swimming pool. Trying to dry it for days now...

Bjoern

GTSHolgi

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's unbelievable! I hope, the water damage is not too severe. At least, I think the customs office should pay for the "repair".

I am curious to hear, what coolant you have used now? I usually stay with the OEM products but I learned that especially the 3 years coolant (green antifreeze) is very hard to get here in Germany. The local Dodge/Chrysler dealer even told me, that those mopar products will anyway be replaced by Fiat products not no longer be available.

Is this also the case in the US?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960