Accessories- windows, etc. 94 RT/10

prodiver

VCA Member
Reaction score
Can't help you much on the windows, mine came with Viper Mania
sliding windows but not door openers. I just installed automatic door openers on my 95 and they work great. Go to: http://autoloc.com/. This is where I purchased them from. The kit is not that difficult to install but you do have to remove the door panels. Good luck and let me know if you need any help on the installation.

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey prodiver, I'm interested in the auto door openers. Which kit did you end up with, poundage, etc. What was involved in installing other than removing the panels?

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just finished installing 2 door poppers on my 96 RT10. They were from a different manufacturer, but look to be the same as the "shave" door ones from the site mentioned, with the "J" bracket. I had to drill 2 holes in the inner door framing to align the solenoid with the door release latch (this is quite obvious once you get inside (no easy task removing the door panel, and seat belt stuff)). You can, install the popper to activate with your existing Viper remote, such that when you disarm the alarm (unlock), the door pops open. Also, if your remote key fob has a 'trunk' button, that button can activate the passenger door. Mine only had 2 buttons (Lock/Unlock), so the passenger door popper was installed with the kits furnished push button. This I put near the top of the panel above your legs, on the left side up near the top. To connect to your alarm system for activating the the door popper, do the following:
1. Remove the knee panel on the drivers side(forward, along side of the transmission). 2. The receiver is mounted on the right side of the foot well on the transmission tunnel. 3. There are 2 connectors coming out of this unit, you want the lower(bigger) of the two. It has 2 rows with 4 positions on each row (total 8). The left row has only one wire coming out, and it is the top wire. The connector position just below the top wire is the one you want for the driver's door to activate with the 'Unlock' on your key fob. The next lower position can be used for the passenger door or the 'Trunk' fob button. You can test these with a 12V test lamp, and activating your key fob, to see a momentary +12V through the test lamp. That's all there is to it, other than a few scraped knuckles and a few chioce words, but those are a minimum, after all this is a VIPER.
Good LUCK !! and IT IS WORTH IT !!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte