ACR 1st LOF, ready to "drive" it

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From all your vast personal experience Viper forum, would it be fair to say that when Chuck services my ACR @ 800 miles or so in two weeks that I can just romp on her w/out reservation? I was very proper during the "break-in" process as per Chuck's advice, any personal thoughts are welcome!!:drive:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure what "romp on it without reservation" means to you but follow Chuck and the instructions in the owner's manual.

Break-in period depends on ring gap, thermal dynamics of the engine etc. My Ninja's manual recommended 2500kms before I could rev it high enough to go faster than 60 mph on the freeway. Really difficult job to break it in, but my bike was .6 seconds faster than the other Ninja in town. I spun the tire nearly the entire quartermile while the 'other' Ninja could barely spin his tire in first. Do it right, it's worth it.

Ted

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From all your vast personal experience Viper forum, would it be fair to say that when Chuck services my ACR @ 800 miles or so in two weeks that I can just romp on her w/out reservation? I was very proper during the "break-in" process as per Chuck's advice, any personal thoughts are welcome!!:drive:

Romp on it all you want....its ready! Hold on and keep it between the lines. :2tu: :drive: :eater: :headbang:

red heat

Enthusiast
Reaction score

after that first oil change, lay right into it.

09 ACR:headbang:

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What are you waiting for??? Romp, romp, and then romp a little more. Keep in mind the nice powerband the gen 4's have.