Acr idles fast when weather is hot.

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '00 Acr idles nicely at 750rpm when the outside air temperature is under 75 degrees. When its a hot day, above 80 degrees, it idles at 1250rpm. This is very annoying as it compounds the effects of the heat. Is there an easy fix like a temp. sensor or something I can change. Its not a mechanical linkage problem. I've already done that Sean Roe plug with a small hole thing in the hose.

Jerry.

smokingjoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try turning 1/2 turn ( or less ) back that small screw (on the driver side ) throttle body ..!
It WORK on mine !
JO.

cgmaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had a problem with idle hang Saturday in stop and go traffic after about an hour. My problem ended up being carbon fouling on the o2 sensors. Once I got to where I could blow the carbon out it ran fine again. I do not have the stock computer or exhaust along with a few other mods. I the only time I have this problem is when I let the engine run for extended periods (30 minutes or more)at idle. It solves itself after about a minute of normal running.

OP
OP
T

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll try turning back that adjustment screw.

Its just funny that when its cool, the idle nicely slows down in a few seconds, and also until its warmed up on a hot day, after that its stuck at 1250.
I emailed the Viper Wizard. Maybe he can direct me to what to look at.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960