ACR Modifications

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have just prepared 3 ACR's for the track. Here is a list of common modifications.

1. Rollbar
2. 5 or 6 point belts
3. Fire extinguisher
4. Lap timer
4. Aero adjustment to front splitter and wing
5. Track alignment/ lower 1/2 inch
6. Shock adjustment
7. Sway bar bushings
8. Adjustable sway bar links
9. Performance engine and transmission mounts
10. Short throw shifter
11. Stainless brake lines
12. Track Pads
13. Headers
14. High flow air filter
15. Mopar engine controller (93 fuel)
16. Torque sensing differential

With these modifications there is a dramatic change in the feel and performance of the car.

You must be registered for see images attach

Grant

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Huge changes can be had from just lowering the car and setting the dampers up, which anyone can do for free. It will gain camber and toe out a bit in front, and toe in a bit in the rear. I wouldn't track an ACR without adjusting the dampers. On their street settings they can IMO feel almost dangerous over high-speed bumps, and many cars come with the settings seemingly random.

I'd really, really like to see some data on the superiority of a quaife over the Gen 4 diff on corner exit and straight-line performance. We live in an age of $500 GPS-based data acquisition systems that stick on your windshield and plug into a cigarette lighter, so I don't think quantifiable data is too much to ask for.

(I don't mean to single out DC Performance, since I've never talked to them and they've never tried to sell me a quaife, but other people have)

OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Grant,
I agree that lowering the car and changing the damper settings make a big change in the ACR. For a proper setup you should re-align the car. Best to know where your settings are at and how the changes effect the dynamics of the car. Many times we will do "at the track" quick alignment or lower the car with mixed results. When the car is new and the alignment verified, just lowering the car a half inch should not upset the balance.

Your thoughts on the Quaife are very well founded. We have used the new 08-09 rear end in the earlier SRT models with good results. The Quaife still does seem to have an edge with it's all gear design, out of the corners the professional drivers seem to like it better.

Just my opinion, others may differ.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That Graphite/Black/Driver Stripe ACR is bringing something about in this here tent :omg:... plain hotness, if I would ever order an ACR it would be in this color combo!
Speaking of the rims on it, I have those in 18 inch format but with a 5 lug pattern and in a smaller scale... darnit... a picture tease of an upcoming update in my Memorabiblia topic by the way ;)

Last edited:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
those cars are nuts lookin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:omg: