ACR on the Roval at ACS - Fontana

OP
OP
Viper X

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I ran it up to 6000 rpm in 4th or about 155 mph most laps, let off a bit then turned in.

Car had more in it - first time on this track with this car. Tire, wheel and suspension set up was new too.

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Last edited:

EXHLR8N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool Dan. It looks like you are getting it dialed in.

Just got back from Silver State - 2nd in the 150 Class with John Fuchs navigating. My wing came unraveled, however. It is back at APR getting a new one.

See you at Fontana.

OP
OP
Viper X

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
As somebody said in another post, these new ACR's are really awesome on the track - very forgiving and very fast. They do like a light touch along with smooth hand and foot movements at speed.

This car "stuck" so well on that big left hand turn that I think I could've gone 10 to 15 mph faster than I was going - and nobody else in a street car was close. It pulled a consistent 1.3+ Gs on that turn according to my GPS data acquisition system.

I was faster than almost all of the race cars too that day..... and believe me, it's the car in this case, not the driver.

Dan

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am leaving that vid going just for the soundtrack sounds like a WWII fighter!!!!!!!!!!
That Porsche guy has got to be second guessing his automobile investment
That vid is more stimulating than the chicks and viper thread

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice Dan, looks like you had fun. I love it when "smug" drivers eat humble pie. I went up to Speed Ventures website today but did not see any lap times for you, did you use a transponder? If not did ya get any times?

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow the sound is awesome. Funny that you couldn't even see the porsche after the first few seconds even how far out the camera was zoomed. I am sure that quieted down the Porsche driver after that :D

Last edited:

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These new ACR's are fast. Check out which car was the fastest a month ago with Speed Ventures at Thunderhill...the next 6 or 7 fastest cars were all out race cars of full slicks. If all of Dodges cars were this good Ferrari would be in trouble and not them...and I do own a Ferrari.

OP
OP
Viper X

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
So Cal Rebel,

No transponder. Ran faster than the BMW though he was very fast considering. His car was gutted, caged with aero, slicks, i.e. a full race car. No way he was making only 250 hp as stated. I was faster in the straights, but not by much. He was a bit faster in the infield portion of the track. It is always fun to have someone to run with that's about your speed.

Limitation that day was the tires. I ran pretty good in the AM, then started overheating the tires as the temps got above 90F in the PM. Had to run one fast lap, then one slower lap.

Socrates,

Best color combo for an ACR, HA!

Looking forward to running there again in the fall with Speed Ventures.

Dan

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like you are getting comfortable in the car Dan...Great drive! You're right about the tires.....at those speeds I worry about the sidewalls! Ask John Dearing....;

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
Viper X

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Steve,

Now that I think about it, I think the Porsche guy did drive to the track in his race suit.

Lawrenzo,

Steve (radical owner) is a good driver. He told me his top speed in the front straight was only 135 mph in his Radical. He had to be cooking through the infield section of the track as we never saw each other on the track.

Dan