ACR WHEELS

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of ACR wheels coming this Friday (Thanks Bob) What does anyone use for wax ? I have got to change out the factory brake pads if for no other reason than I will never be able to keep the ACR's clean. I will also have a nice set of aluminum five spokes for sale from a 2001 with nearly new pilot sports.

larry s

Viper Owner
Reaction score
are the wheels from your 2001 viper stock wheels?
is there any curb rash?
what is your price

thanks
larry s

OP
OP
G

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes they are the stock wheels two of the wheels have a slight mark on the lip,not road rash, looks to be when tires were changed out . I'm picky and checked into repair before I decided on the ACR's,was told that they could be fixed but the guy didn't understand why I would as it wasn't very noticeable.Can't see from five feet or so.Car they are coming off has 10,000 pampered miles.Pm me if you are interested and I will come up with a price for wheels/tires,pictures etc.

triblk6spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any good quality synthetic wax applied liberaly should do the trick. I find that washing the wheels EVERY wash and hitting them with a quick wax product keeps them near perfect all the time.

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like to use Klasse All-In-One on wheels including my BBS ACR Wheels. It's an acrylic based product and hold up well. It also has some cleaners in it to help remove the brake dust. I have read that the heat from the brakes will cause wax to melt off the wheels and won't hold up.

OP
OP
G

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 5 coats of Zaino Z2 and a coat of their sealant all put on before wheels were mounted,150 miles later very little dust on wheels,what was there came off easily.Good advice.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang