ACR wheels

sambo32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would there be a handling problem if I put a set of ACR wheels and tires on a regular 09 srt-10, being the front tires are wider than the regular srt-10 front tires.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
should have no issues, however the sidewalls are a little stiffer and should aid in cornering.

Bruce

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would there be a handling problem if I put a set of ACR wheels and tires on a regular 09 srt-10, being the front tires are wider than the regular srt-10 front tires.

I thought the rims were the same as the standard Vipers...18x10 up front and 18x13 in the rear? Tires sizes may be different but you could always put PS2's on the ACR rims.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the rims were the same as the standard Vipers...18x10 up front and 18x13 in the rear? Tires sizes may be different but you could always put PS2's on the ACR rims.

ACR rims are same size...18x10 and 19x13. ACR has 295/30 on the front vs. 275/35 on standard Vipers.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Keep in mind the ACR rim is just a sidewinder rim ( standard rim for the Copperhead Viper in 05 ) painted black. Most track guys went to bigger tires , anyway, years ago to get rid of some of the push. 295s in front are frankly, better, in my estimation.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Only handling issue you will have is that it handles better:D The ACR wheels are just sidewinders (been out since 05). the GenIII 275front would present a good bit of understeer. 295's seem to balance it out more and you get better braking etc. I may even try out a set of 305 up front some time just to see. Anyway I'm happy with the combo on my 05.:2tu:

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Veering a little off-topic: would a set of ACR rims be my most cost-effective way to have a separate set of street wheels with PS2's? I'd kinda like to save my Sport Cups for the track.

I'm sure there are many aftermarket wheels that people use on their ACRs for street driving, but I don't want to drop huge $$ on this. Just wondering if the sidewinders are a (comparitively) low-cost option.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Veering a little off-topic: would a set of ACR rims be my most cost-effective way to have a separate set of street wheels with PS2's? I'd kinda like to save my Sport Cups for the track.

I'm sure there are many aftermarket wheels that people use on their ACRs for street driving, but I don't want to drop huge $$ on this. Just wondering if the sidewinders are a (comparitively) low-cost option.

I have two sets of ACR wheels. I use both for the track and I got them from JohnB. for an excellent price! I have my Cups on one set and my Hoosier R6's on the other. John gets what he cals "blems" in every once in a while and thats what I have purchased from him. Not sure where the blem is but I have found them to be in excellent condition. Anyway worth the call to him if you get serious about a second set of strong lightweight track wheels!

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Take a look at the "OZ" wheels. JonB has them for a great price. Not sure how much you track? If only once-twice a year, run with the stock ACR set up till you burn up the Cups, and use the OZ's with street tires. More track, then get Hoosier R-6's on the OZ's for the track and run the Cups on the street. when the cups wear out, switch to PS2's or the new Michelin street tires.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Only handling issue you will have is that it handles better:D The ACR wheels are just sidewinders (been out since 05). the GenIII 275front would present a good bit of understeer. 295's seem to balance it out more and you get better braking etc. I may even try out a set of 305 up front some time just to see. Anyway I'm happy with the combo on my 05.:2tu:

What HE said................

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
If you track the car more than a couple of times a year, you'll want Hoosier R6's in 315 x 30 x 18 up front and 345 x 35 x 18 out back.

Mount your new R6's on a set of OZ wheels from JonB (lighter and less costly than sidewinders) and you'll be grinning all the way around the track as you pass your fellow Viper owners ..... big improvement in handling, braking, grip, etc.

I'm getting fast enough now that I'm pushing with 315's up front, so am working on the shock settings / spring weights / alignment settings, etc. to try and get some of the "understeer" out of my ACR.

Without a whole bunch of set up work, most Vipers will push like crazy at speed with 275 or 295 fronts and 345 (OE) rears.

Good luck,

Dan

Magnus_

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I run 295's up front and really like them. The car has some push to it which is much easier to handle than a car that's more neutral. Its definitely not crazy under steer though.

With 295's up front and 345's out back I was still able to run a 2:26 this past weekend at Road America in my 06 with no engine mods.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang