ACR Wing

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Will the 08 ACR wing (not the aero package) be available for purchase from Dodge?

Are these the correct part numbers?
68050021AA
68050022AA
68050023AA
68050024AA

1000 lbs of downforce sounds cool.

acr516e.jpg

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is the wing in the aero pkg different from the ACR wing? I heard it was, and so is the front splitter they say.

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK that is what I thought. So like insomniac said does anybody know if hte ACR wing will be avaliblefrom dodge and I would like he two piece splitter also.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two piece? I just went out in the garage and checked, a lot more pieces than that. If you want the parts call Woodhouse or Tator but I have heard that at this point they have only made the number of parts for the cars that were ordered. Call JonB as well.

OP
OP
I

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jeff, the Aero package is much smaller than the ACR wing.

Although I still don’t understand why, Dodge offers a different aero package for the coupe and the convertible, like you wouldn’t be able to install a coupe aero wing on a convertible.

The aero wing on the convertible offers almost no downforce and the aero wing on the coupe offers somewhere around 500 – 600 lbs I guess.

If you are going to put a wing on your Viper, why not put one that works?

Here’s what the aero package looks like.

aero1.jpg

aero2.jpg

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I said two piece I ment the center section that is removable on theACR I did not think it was part of the aero pkg.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wondering what the prices for just the parts will be?? Invoice price on the aero group is $5,720, list is $6,500. ! I like the ACR wing (not aero) but I can't see paying that much.

Reaction score
I don't believe the actual ACR parts are going to be for sale anytime soon if at all and if so I would bet you they are WAY more than the aero kit parts. Mixing the parts will also be bad as they are matched to make the cars handle with the ACR setup and not so much for a "regular" Viper. That is probably why there are 2 spec packages talked about here.

OP
OP
I

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
$6,500 list price for the Aero package for sure sounds too high. Probably the ACR spoilers will be priced even higher if and when they are made available for purchase.

Does anybody have detailed pictures or blueprints of the ACR wing showing dimensions, etc?

Is the Autoform GT2 wing similar to the ACR wing?

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am guessing that someone is going to duplicate it soon if there is a big enough demand and they can be Dodge's price by a bunch of bucks

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have been told that the Aero Package is set up for the 08 Viper SRT suspension spring rates and wheel combination! The ACR Wing and Splitter would put soo much down force on the suspension it would collapse the springs and bottom out the shocks and possibly cause shock or frame damage if you hit a bump and or cause you to loose control of your car.

OP
OP
I

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have been told that the Aero Package is set up for the 08 Viper SRT suspension spring rates and wheel combination! The ACR Wing and Splitter would put soo much down force on the suspension it would collapse the springs and bottom out the shocks and possibly cause shock or frame damage if you hit a bump and or cause you to loose control of your car.

Are you serious or are you joking?
Who told you this?

No spoiler or wing will collapse your springs unless an elephant sits on it. I don’t know who told you this but all the wing does is deflect the air that flows through it to push down on the car. It won’t do anything until you reach some considerable speeds anyway. You need to generate enough wind for the wing to work.

Bottoming out the shocks and causing frame damage because of ACR wing ??? Wow…. I don’t know what to say. :omg::omg:
Sit on the trunk of your viper with 4 of your buddies and see if you bottom out the shocks or damage the frame. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The new ACR's rear spring rates are around 1000 lbs, so they are a bit heavier than a base Viper. Most of us who track our cars know to check on these things before just slapping a wing on.

Billy Coons

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aside from those reeping it's benefits while actually racing their Vipers, I think these spoilers look too gaudy and ricey for a Viper's already perfectly **** look (IMHO ;)). Guess I can't decide it if looks more like a park bench or towel rack. :dunno:

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The spring rates straight from the SRT engineers are as follows
2008 SRT front 210 lbs. rear 525 lbs (which is higher than the 03 to 06 model years)
2008 ACR front 514 lbs. rear 1085 lbs

The SRT Aero package has 500 lbs down force
The ACR Areo package has 1500 lbs down force

So the Down force is TRIPPLED by the ACR package and the and the spring rates of the SRT are only HALF of the ACR springs now hit a bump in the road, *** hole, or some curbing at the track at say 120 mph. what do you think is going to be the result. For those of us that know something about the handeling of thses great cars it may be normal to check out the affects certain changes are going to have on our cars before making them, but some of us are only going for looks, and some of us may drive beyond their potential. This is dangerous even before making and changes. I was just trying to be helpful, that is all! One more thing if adding a wing with usable down force to the rear of a Viper you should also add a front splitter to balance the car.

OP
OP
I

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The spring rates straight from the SRT engineers are as follows
2008 SRT front 210 lbs. rear 525 lbs (which is higher than the 03 to 06 model years)
2008 ACR front 514 lbs. rear 1085 lbs

The SRT Aero package has 500 lbs down force
The ACR Areo package has 1500 lbs down force

So the Down force is TRIPPLED by the ACR package and the and the spring rates of the SRT are only HALF of the ACR springs now hit a bump in the road, *** hole, or some curbing at the track at say 120 mph. what do you think is going to be the result. For those of us that know something about the handeling of thses great cars it may be normal to check out the affects certain changes are going to have on our cars before making them, but some of us are only going for looks, and some of us may drive beyond their potential. This is dangerous even before making and changes. I was just trying to be helpful, that is all! One more thing if adding a wing with usable down force to the rear of a Viper you should also add a front splitter to balance the car.

First of all I don’t know where you get the 1500 lbs. :dunno::dunno: According to your calculations that 1500 lbs downforce will rip apart the 1085 lbs rear springs of the ACR anyway. :omg: According to SRT, the ACR Aero package makes 1000 lbs down force total with the front spoiler, winglets, rear wing, etc going at 150 mph. So it’s not like 1000 lbs right on one rear spring or one front spring. It’s a 1000 lbs total downforce distributed on the front and rear and right and left.

Thank you for the intention to help but I just can’t stand to all the wrong information and hear say “I’ve been told”s. That’s the reason I asked you who told you this. :rolleyes:

I bet you $1,000 if you slapped on the ACR package to a standard SRT-10 (doesn’t matter 08 or 03-06, or coupe or convertible), it will not bottom out the suspension or damage the frame.

Some of us track their Vipers regularly and would love to have some engineered rear and front spoilers that actually work. Most of the aftermarket wings are just for the looks and none of the vendors have the budget to test these in the wind tunnel. Probably most of the untested aftermarket spoilers create more drag then downforce. Here’s the wind tunnel tested ACR aero package that’s proven to work.

The ACR aero package is not available for sale as of now and would probably be very expensive if it were available (remember all carbon fiber). So it would be nice if the bodyworks vendors made some ACR duplicate wings just like the way they did with the '08 hood. Aftermarket '08 look-a-like hoods were in the market before the actual '08 OEM hood.

Maybe we can get a group purchase going on.

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are crazy, if you want an ACR buy one, do not engineer one yourself, only bad things will happen. The ACR is a masterpiece on the track, everything is fitted together to compliment each other, it is fun a $hit to drive :D

OP
OP
I

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, you should not put ACR spoilers and wings on your Viper because it will bottom out the shocks and damage the frame as posted earlier in this thread... :rolaugh::rolaugh:

OP
OP
I

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wing and aero package on anything but a new ACR........too ricer for me unless you just track the car.......IMHO.

I agree that the front carbon fiber diffusers and stuff look ricey but the rear wing actually looks purposeful and looks like it’s built for business.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21