ACR-X headers - new in box (with cats) - fits 2008-2010

08ViperCoupe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brand new in the box, never mounted, never installed. ACR-X headers for the 2008-2010 Viper (fits Convertible, Coupe, and ACR)

These beautiful headers are full stainless steel construction with immaculate TIG welds.
They include the following:

2 piece headers (both sides) with gaskets that go between the halves and brand new fasteners (new in the sealed package)
All new gaskets where the headers meet the heads
Both turnouts with high-flow cats (with all 4 o2 bungs welded in correct locations)
3" clamps (high quality, strong clamps)
Both left and right side high polished tips with ZERO lip for max flow and amazing appearance
This is the complete system (everything you need) to bolt onto your Gen IV Viper. Advertised HP gain is 50-60BHP. My 08 Coupe runs consistent 11.1 @132 with the headers and zero check engine light.

The construction and quality of these headers is absolutely amazing. These are perfect, brand new. Not a scratch.

http://classifieds.viperclub.org/sh...ders-for-2008-2010-viper-new-in-box-21&cat=47

Price is $3,000. Prefer local buyer but will ship if necessary. Have the correct box and all bubble wrap ready to go.
Either send me a PM or email me at: [email protected]

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Any idea who made the cats? Are they metallic or ceramic? They look like 3-inch diameter - what size are they.

Also, looks like the turn out pipe is 3-inch in diameter. What were you planning to use for a muffler?

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway..................are those particular headers shown made by American Racing Headers?

Viperizer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am interested in the headers..but , I have a stupid question too...why cats on race car headers? Wouldn't the leaded fuels ruin the cats?

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
I have a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway..................are those particular headers shown made by American Racing Headers?

Yes, they are American Racing Headers. Not sure how the term ACR X headers was developed. Likely for marketing purposes.

The Comp Coupes come with Belanger headers but aren't called Comp Coupe headers.

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
I am interested in the headers..but , I have a stupid question too...why cats on race car headers? Wouldn't the leaded fuels ruin the cats?

These headers shown above are intended to be run on the street and many of us do.

Most of us run "unleaded" gas in track cars. Sometimes it's 100 or so octane, but it's still unleaded.

highsierrahillbilly

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, they are American Racing Headers. Not sure how the term ACR X headers was developed. Likely for marketing purposes.

The Comp Coupes come with Belanger headers but aren't called Comp Coupe headers.

Viper-x,

Just in case you didn't know the Dodge Viper Cup is a spec race series, hense the name ACR-X headers. These factory cars were built to like race specs and are pretty awsome to watch! Kinda like Nascar. We had a blast watching these Vipers race in 2010 & 2011 season on TV and looking forward to this 2012 season. Got a little excited there, back on point, the Competition Coupes were not running in a spec series and many different set-ups were used, maybe that's why? Running a belanger header was not the law. Don't know if your big into racing or just an enthusiast so I hope this helps.

High Sierra Hill Billy

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Viper-x,

Just in case you didn't know the Dodge Viper Cup is a spec race series, hense the name ACR-X headers. These factory cars were built to like race specs and are pretty awsome to watch! Kinda like Nascar. We had a blast watching these Vipers race in 2010 & 2011 season on TV and looking forward to this 2012 season. Got a little excited there, back on point, the Competition Coupes were not running in a spec series and many different set-ups were used, maybe that's why? Running a belanger header was not the law. Don't know if your big into racing or just an enthusiast so I hope this helps.

High Sierra Hill Billy

Hi Billy,

Glad you enjoyed the Viper Cup races. I have a few friends that race in the Viper Cup and have spent a bit of time at the track in Vipers, including instructing beginners at NARRA and other events. I am familiar with Viper Cup and the ACR X Vipers.

FYI, the VRL, or Viper Racing League as it was once known did have a "spec" Comp Coupe series that ran Belanger Headers and Belanger headers are the headers included in the Comp Coupe Parts catalog; but no one ever referred to Belanger headers as Comp Coupe headers as I mentioned above.

The headers spec'd for the Viper Cup are AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, not ACR X headers. To my knowledge, there is no brand name ACR X headers and also FYI, the ACR X that set the record at Laguna Seca used Belanger headers, so both types of headers have been installed on these cars at least once that I know of.

Both are good products that work well with Vipers but referring to American Racing Headers as anything other that what they actually are is strictly for marketing purposes.

Dan

highsierrahillbilly

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Billy,

Glad you enjoyed the Viper Cup races. I have a few friends that race in the Viper Cup and have spent a bit of time at the track in Vipers, including instructing beginners at NARRA and other events. I am familiar with Viper Cup and the ACR X Vipers.

FYI, the VRL, or Viper Racing League as it was once known did have a "spec" Comp Coupe series that ran Belanger Headers and Belanger headers are the headers included in the Comp Coupe Parts catalog; but no one ever referred to Belanger headers as Comp Coupe headers as I mentioned above.

The headers spec'd for the Viper Cup are AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, not ACR X headers. To my knowledge, there is no brand name ACR X headers and also FYI, the ACR X that set the record at Laguna Seca used Belanger headers, so both types of headers have been installed on these cars at least once that I know of.

Both are good products that work well with Vipers but referring to American Racing Headers as anything other that what they actually are is strictly for marketing purposes.

Dan

Sorry Dan, I didn't realize who you are.. We (wife & I) became members of the VCA back in 2004 and did go to watch all those Viper Days races at Thunderhill, Fernley NV and Button Willows as well. Skip, Archer and other good companies did a great job putting on and hosting those events. They awarded points for running approved products but not all Viper's were set up the same. it really became a money game, the more you spend the better approved parts you ran . We enjoyed those days and the people were helpful and friendly. Yes the Competition Coupes did come with belangers which is common knowledge. Why, where and what is history on that deal I'd imagine. I would say there are more belanger headers installed on more Vipers than any other manufacture pre-gen 4. From what I read the ACR-X headers were build first specifically for the spec series. Which in my book says ACR-X is perfectly fine description of that header. We've had the pleasure to see a factory built ACR-X in person and there was a tag with a few companies names on the header that imply and verify it was built specifically for that car. Unless any of us were directly involved in the actual process it's just pure speculation. Heck maybe someone from the factory started calling them that, I don't think we/you know.

We decided to get back involved because the Gen 5 Viper has caught our attention and we're interested. Quite frankly it got a little boring for awhile there until the ACR-X race series started. It was like the old days for us and we looked forward to watching them run and wanted to see and hear about all the new products they were running. It really satisfied our sweet tooth looking at all the new Viper products, I'm sure most would agree. Dodge obviously was making a comeback like us all and we believe they wanted to run the best car possible to prove to the automotive world and us believer's they're still the best. We're fans and aren't afraid to show our colors!

Anyways sorry for not recognizing who you were and take it easy on the caps button will ya.

High Sierra Hill Billy (Sierra Nevada's, when the weathers good and the roads are clear it gets no better with all that torque!)

highsierrahillbilly

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, they are American Racing Headers. Not sure how the term ACR X headers was developed.

Not to have the manner's of a billy goat but are we sure they're real ACR-X headers. I believe these are the same headers from another thread that the price has been lowered. I looked on BBGs header thread and they look a bit different. Where is the ID tag, I see that ARH & BBG always sport their company names on them just like my wife and I seen on the factory ACR-X we sat in. I could be wrong but several of us asked the question "are they the real deal or chineese knock offs and as of yet no answer by the seller". Hope this isn't a misrepresentaion situation because a few of us may be looking a bit... Well you know what I meen?

If they're real then my appologies to the thread master and i'll admit I could be wrong.. and sound like a killer deal, if not then who made them and what was the level of testing done to justify our hard earned cash. I know belangers, mm and of course AHR/BBG are proven headers that make the power and don't fall apart while your driving down the hwy or on the track. Hope the buyer doesnt end up on the short end of the stick.

High Sierra Hill Billy