ACR's available for immediate ordering!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a quick heads up for those that missed it: The ACR is officially available for immediate ordering and I suspect the first ones will be down the line in the next 60-90 days. As for pricing, here you go:

MSRP on 2008 SRT10 Coupe: $85,210
Destination Charge: $850
Gas Guzzler Tax ($3k in '06): $1,700
Total Monroney Label: $87,760

Selected Standard Equipment
  • 18" frt/ 19" rr Forged Polished Alum Wheels - 5 spoke
  • 3 Season High Performance Tires - non run flat with tire fit kit
  • (Tire fit kit n/a/w Radio Delete, ACR Only)
  • High Performance Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats
  • Manual Seat Adjust and Recline
  • Single zone manual A/C
  • Single CD w/ 6 speakers + Subwoofer and Amp
  • Remote Keyless Entry
  • Manual tilt steering column
  • Dual Map Lights
  • ABS
  • Dual Side Exhaust
  • Fog Lamps
  • HID Headlamps
  • Power Adjustable Pedals
  • SRT Track Experience
  • Cargo Compartment Carpet (n/a/w ACR)
Options
Optional Wheels (n/a/w ACR) $700
"H-Spoke", 18"/ 19" Polished
"Razor", 18"/ 19" Polished
Dual Painted Stripes: $3,000
w/ Aero Group or Two Tone Delete $3,300
Stripe colors include the following:
  • White
  • Silver
  • Black
  • Graphite
  • Red
Hydrographic Interior Bezels $695
  • Light Arc IP Bezel
  • Graphite IP Bezel
Navigation Radio RB1 $1,790
  • includes Sirius Satellite Radio
Protection Group $450
  • Incl Embroidered Floor Mats $150
  • Incl Car Cover (n/a with Aero Group or ACR)
Aero Group (n/a/w ACR) $6,500
  • Incl Front Splitter Spoiler (w/o extension)
  • Incl Rear Wing Spoiler (smaller than w/ ACR)
Two Tone Interior (4 color choices) $495
  • Black/Red
  • Black/Blue
  • Black/Slate
  • Black/Tan
Standard Exterior Paint $0.00
  • Viper GTS Blue
  • Viper Black
  • Viper Red
Premium Exterior Paint $600
  • Snakeskin Green
  • Venom Red
  • Viper Violet
  • Viper Very Orange
  • Viper Blue
Competition Group (ACR) $12,050
  • Ft Facia w/Aero Plates Ground Effects
  • Front Splitter Spoiler
  • Rear Winged Spoiler
  • Anti-lock 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
  • with light weight two piece rotors
  • ACR Badge (replaces body side badges)
  • Delete Fog Lamps
  • Black Center Band Two Tone Paint
  • Competition Suspension
  • 295/30ZR18 345/30ZR19 Perf Tires
  • 18x10.0 19x13.0 Frgd Sidewinder Wheels
ACR Driver Stripe $1,650
Delete Black Center Band Two Tone Paint $(575)
Radio Delete/********* Package (ACR) $0.00

Base MSRP $85,210

Base MSRP + destination + Gas Guzzler Tax Charge $ 87,760

ACR Base $99,810
ACR Max with center stripe $104,095
Max Coupe (ACR w/ two tone delete, dual stripes, etc.) $106,415

Oh, and if you want to see what one of the folks working on the ACR project has to say about its development, read this:

Chrysler Blog - Most Capable Viper... EVER

Just ignore that they accidentally put Comp Coupe pictures up instead of the ACR - its probably the same guys that got Avi so upset when they posted the wrong pricing and wouldn't fix it. :D

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info,
I am a bit confused..Can you please explain the difference between the ACRs? ACR base (99,810), ACR max (104,095) and ACR max coupe (106,415)?

I am assuming the base is the solid color ACR... Is the ACR max (104,095) the same ACR as the raffle car? if so, whats the Max coupe (106,415)?
Thanks in advance :)

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Patiently waiting for mine :headbang:

orangeacr41.jpg

mjf6175

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I guess it IS true that the MSRP has gone up. I was called by my dealer a few days ago on this. MSRP was $84,095 (and still listed as such on drivesrt) and now it is up to $85,210 (as mentioned by Chris) before adding in destination and gas guzzler.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info,
I am a bit confused..Can you please explain the difference between the ACRs? ACR base (99,810), ACR max (104,095) and ACR max coupe (106,415)?

I am assuming the base is the solid color ACR... Is the ACR max (104,095) the same ACR as the raffle car? if so, whats the Max coupe (106,415)?
Thanks in advance :)

I think what he means by ACR MAX coupe and ACR Max, is a fully optioned car. One with all the options, and one with all the options plus the center stripe delete and dual stripes in place of. It was confusing to me as well, I thought there was some other hidden performance package.

Last edited:

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the info. Do we know that +/- weight difference in ACR vs. standard Coupe. I didn't know if the ACR tires, wheels, suspension, brakes, etc. increased or decreased weight...? Thanks, John

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One other question: Can the ACR be ordered in one solid color, without the 2 tone or driver's stripe?

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the info. Do we know that +/- weight difference in ACR vs. standard Coupe. I didn't know if the ACR tires, wheels, suspension, brakes, etc. increased or decreased weight...? Thanks, John

John-all this info has been posted in detail. Short answer is 40 pounds lighter than regular coupe, and ******** package 80 pounds.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can Prefix also custom paint an ACR in SSG? I know someone who would love for that to be possible.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Currently a two tone interior can not be ordered with the red striped single striped cars ( though a bunch of us have suggested it from way back and who knows the car hasn't been built yet ), which are only available in Viper Red or Black.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Currently a two tone interior can not be ordered with the red striped single striped cars ( though a bunch of us have suggested it from way back and who knows the car hasn't been built yet ), which are only available in Viper Red or Black.
I guess we have to wait for 09 to get that combo? :confused:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I'd still like to know the front / rear spring rates if anyone can tell us.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR, here I come!!! Oh wait, I'm waiting for the magazine reports first. Gotta have the hard numbers. But I'm glad the pricing is back where it was promised.

And if you go with hard-core package, then you should delete the stripes because they add weight.:2tu:

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Weren't we originally told that there would be NO gas guzzler tax because of the 17% increase in gas milage with this car, thus there would be virtually NO price increase???

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weren't we originally told that there would be NO gas guzzler tax because of the 17% increase in gas milage with this car, thus there would be virtually NO price increase???

Absolutely not. We were told there would be virtually no price increase on the car as the gas guzzler tax went down due to the increase in mileage. And that statement has turned out to be true. I believe base price actually went down very slightly including guzzler on one model, can't remember if it was coupe or convertible.

rtigert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I remember seeing the quote that you were referring to. What it said was that the GG Tax was reduced from $3,000, down to $1,700 because of the increase in fuel mileage.

mjf6175

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The MSRP has very recently gone UP by $1115. MSRP for a coupe is now $85,210, it was $84,095. So the savings from the lower gas guzzler tax (1700 for the 08 vs the 06 3000) has been just about wiped out now.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Neil,

The ACR package will not be available in a convertible form, though you will be able to get the Aero Package. Didn't seem to make much sense to Marketing ,as this is a track designed model.

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The MSRP has very recently gone UP by $1115. MSRP for a coupe is now $85,210, it was $84,095. So the savings from the lower gas guzzler tax (1700 for the 08 vs the 06 3000) has been just about wiped out now.

Can anyone tell me when this happened and will this increase be tacked on to my car that has not been received yet? Will this increase be on cars ordered after this came into affect?.....

mjf6175

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Aspirations....if your Viper has not already been built the increase will be tacked on. My dealer called last week to give me some good news and some bad. My order went to D status and a VIN assigned. The order info also showed that MSRP on the coupe went up to $85210. This is a very recent price increase. The drivesrt.com site still has the old MSRP. The first post by Chris (Y2K) in this thread also lists the new MSRP as stated.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just ignore that they accidentally put Comp Coupe pictures up instead of the ACR - its probably the same guys that got Avi so upset when they posted the wrong pricing and wouldn't fix it. :D

Wind tunnel testing was done during midnight hours, and track test cars were camouflaged in racing trim with numbers and decals.

Maybe that pic is an ACR afterall, one of the disguised ones.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Neil,

The ACR package will not be available in a convertible form, though you will be able to get the Aero Package. Didn't seem to make much sense to Marketing ,as this is a track designed model.

Good news. IMO, the Viper lines are so classic that putting the Aero package on a convertible would be like putting a wing on an AC Cobra :nono: ... it works on the more track-looking Coupe, but I hope, for the image of the car, that we don't see too many verts with wings ... just my $.02

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang