ACRx's at NARRA/Viper days Gingerman (pics)

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NARRA/Viper days is running at Gingerman Raceway this weekend , so today was open lapping and ACRx tech talk.

I will post track pics in the next few days. IL VCA does their 'longest day' challenge tomorrow along with Viper days group and Viper racing league.

Wow, a color for every day of the week...and one extra:D Funny, I don't see a yellow one....? haha.

DSCN2026.JPG

DSCN2037.JPG

DSCN2032.JPG

Not sure what color they were going to do...I THINK she said white/blue
DSCN2028.JPG

DSCN2034.JPG

DSCN2033.JPG

DSCN2029.JPG

DSCN2030.JPG

DSCN2031.JPG

Last edited:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
THANKS, Leslie...I was really hoping to get there...but it didn't work out.

I'm hoping that ILL, MI, IN/KY, and OH Viper owners and enthusiasts take advantage of this special opportunity !!!

That's a lot of "heavy metal" !!!

Enjoy your weekend, and say "hi" for me!!!

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will Steve!

Tomorrow will have a LOT going on, can't wait!!!!

Think they have a bbq scheduled at the end of the day too.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great pics. i love the "primer looking one". very kool.

Leslie, did you get to run one ?

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The primer one is going to be white with a GTS blue center band and white drivers side stripe. it goes into the paint shop Monday.
As Leslie pointed out MOPAR BOY there are no Yellow ACR Xs in these picture. But there is a Red one.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh no! You two (Sessions and Grandma) in the same place at the same time. Why do I feel like there is going to be a thorn in my side for the next few days? ;):D

My theory: Looks like everyone must be afraid to have the fastest car so early in the season!

By VOI time they will be ALL yellow! :lmao:

:pbt:

G

Gotvenom 08

HHHHMMMMMMMMM they have purple(best color) but no yellow?:dunno:

Must be a sign MOPAR BOY.......As one wants a slow color?????:D

Those cars look sweet.

Thanks for the pics Leslie

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NARRA/Viper days is running at Gingerman Raceway this weekend , so today was open lapping and ACRx tech talk.

I will post track pics in the next few days. IL VCA does their 'longest day' challenge tomorrow along with Viper days group and Viper racing league.

Wow, a color for every day of the week...and one extra:D Funny, I don't see a yellow one....? haha.

DSCN2026.JPG

DSCN2037.JPG

DSCN2032.JPG

Not sure what color they were going to do...I THINK she said white/blue
DSCN2028.JPG

DSCN2034.JPG

DSCN2033.JPG

DSCN2029.JPG

DSCN2030.JPG

DSCN2031.JPG

WOWOWOWOWOOWWOOW

Thats what dreams are made of right there!!! I need to hit the Lotto!

Thanks for the Pics Leslie! Have fun!:2tu:

JackDud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW! Amazing pictures! Really makes my heart skip a beat! Do you have a higher res/wallpaper sized version of the first picture??

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The past few days were probably the MOST fun I have EVER had! I track a lot with PCA, and don't get me wrong, porsche's are very nice....BUT...being around ALL Vipers, talking about Vipers, DRIVING a Viper, Viper vendors, I mean, it doesn't get any better than this. Lap timers, instructors, awsome classroom instruction about DRIVING a Viper street OR track, endless amount of cold water, list goes on!

They had a bbq after Saturday's driving, nooo..not at a restaurant, but BACK at the track, sitting right by 2 ACRx's. I tried to offer one a burger but she didn't want it haha.

Unbelievable to have the chance to meet the top people in the Viper industry, be able to ask them questions and have them there for support if you need it.

I was so impressed by Archer Racing, one of the HPDE guys had a problem with his Viper, car left on John Archer's trailer to be fixed....done deal, owner has peace of mind that only the best are working on his baby.

More pics!
Sat. started the IL VCA's competition, the Viper Racing League and the HPDE drivers from Viper days.
My first time instructing with Viper days with Skip, so I was pretty darn excited!

DSCN2126.JPG

a happy Viper guy
DSCN2088.JPG

My student, Gary, in his '98 RT/10, first solo run:)
DSCN2089.JPG

My new track buddy's ACR (Brian, #65) and my car (#78), think they are both related somehow haha.

Michelan Tire was on hand for any technical questions or tire needs.
DSCN21501.JPG

Archer Racing was also there providing track support, selling forgeline wheels, race and street tires, and doing corner weight/ride height adjustments/alignments and anything ELSE you need... what more could a Viper owner want?:)
DSCN2128.JPG

DSCN2129.JPG

More HPDE drivers
Some people bring the whole family and camp out:)
DSCN2085.JPG

DSCN2093.JPG

Aaron from IL VCA club in the racesuit, getting ready to instruct, that's his ACR and that's Skip in the blue hat
DSCN2087.JPG

Steve (''007") gives me a ride in his comp coupe!
DSCN2145.JPG

Aaron gets everyone lined up!
DSCN2112.JPG

DSCN2102.JPG

VRL got started on Saturday!
DSCN2110.JPG

Skip gets the racers ready
DSCN2104.JPG

DSCN2109.JPG

Pacecar starts the race
DSCN2099.JPG

Saturday thunder!

DSCN21541.JPG

DSCN2140.JPG

Last edited:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Just got a live update from an attendee...also caught a glimpse of 2 of the ACR-X's...VERY COOL !!!!

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice pics Leslie! In case anyone is interested in lap times, Kuno did a 1:23 in an X that was just getting set up, which pretty much equals the fastest CC Unlim. time I think. That driver/car combo is amazing. As for looks, I think all the ACR's (X or not) should have a driver's stripe. It was cool to see my own car coming at me on the highway to and from town...on the couple occasions that someone with the same color combo was on the road. I realize that I had never seen my car on the road before from that perspective! It was also great to be out on the track with lots of the best Viper racers in the country, as it always is with NARRA.

Last edited:

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may be biased but the Blue with Black striped car is awesome. Great color combo Ted.

Bruce

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are great pics Mam! SOOOOOO jealous right now! :D

Looks like so much fun!

Once day I gotta get a comp coup. Those things are hot and look ****. I think I want to marry one. ;)

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not a fan of purple, But that one purple ACR looks great

I am glad everyone likes the pics, I have lots more but there are a few that are especially good so I will get those on here. I also have a short video, will try posting that too.

The purple Vipers are Jim and Kathy's, they had 2 comp coupes (#1 and #2, pic above) and I think the ACRx is Rich's....? or Jim/Kathy's..?

Of the 8 ACRx's in the first pic, I saw 2 of them on the track this weekend, very kewl. The exhaust note is OUTSTANDING on the straight-away, very deeeeep rumble, like an older hot rod would sound.:headbang:

MORE pics:
DSCN2106.JPG

DSCN2117.JPG

Archer Racing stable, I would be happy living in that trailer if they let me
DSCN2055.JPG

....or even this 'little' trailer would be a fine home too
DSCN2059.JPG

Here's the primer ACRx on the track behind a comp coupe, you can see the body style difference.
DSCN2081.JPG

....and another shot of Aaron's ACR
DSCN2051.JPG

Tom's comp coupe
DSCN2039.JPG

a few of the HPDE drivers from Viper days!
DSCN2043.JPG

great shot of Steve's comp coupe, wow was that fun to ride in!
DSCN2062.JPG

Steve going out to play, not sure if he made it home for dinner or not
DSCN2064.JPG

Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Leslie, thanks very much. I really appreciate your writeup. Esp the Pace Car! Doris 'n I were pacing PIR this weekend, and I was CRAVING an X-foto-fix from G-man. John Gastman had me wishing I was there. {and YES, I finally got to drive a VIPER again after my accident / surgery in March ! "Both hands on the wheel" is important when one hand/arm is only at 30%....}

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and YES, I finally got to drive a VIPER again after my accident / surgery in March ! "Both hands on the wheel" is important when one hand/arm is only at 30%....}

now THAT makes me very happy to hear you got back behind the wheel!!!

it's wild, you WEREN'T there but 'partsrack' and 'that's where you get that part' were in many conversations:2tu:

I have a short video of the race but don't know how to post it:rolleyes:, if anyone knows pm me.

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, here goes with attaching the video, this is of yesterday's race, about 22 sec. worth anyway:)

(thanks for the help Stretch!) one of these has to be right haha!

[media]http://s350.photobucket.com/albums/q436/levettegrl/?action=view&current=DSCN2215.flv[/media]

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha! I was in the area Saturday afternoon, in the Viper. Had no clue this was going on. Moral of the story, pay attention to calendars. :crazy2:

Looks like everyone had a blast and Gingerman missed the rain.

Nick

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man do I wish I was doing Viper Days at VIR in July.

Thanks for the pictures Leslie, those are awesome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper