Adding a sub and need a wiring diagram

tmcphail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am adding a subwoofer and amp to the trunk and I need the location and exact color codes or pinouts to connect the amp to the factory head unit. Plus a goos +12 Key on source would help too

TIA

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your gonna have to do some fancy work to operate a sub in the trunk. I'm not sure it can be done, and if your planning on using the Bazzoka setup, they have a deficit in bass range. They are unique in there design, but I don't like them at all. The sub in the car also has a deficit, but enclosure space, and the idea that your sitting to close to it, makes sub freq. impossible to obtain. My thoughts on upgrading the sound system, would sound strange to most, but I've mentioned it before. Make your goal to achieve true flat responce, or may I say as close as possible, with as wide a range as possible. I'd like to hear what your plans are, but if you have not addressed achieving a flat responce in the car, all you do will most likely be a waste of money and time.

Skip

OP
OP
T

tmcphail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had stuff lying around and the time to screw around and install it and oh yeah kids skip this setup. Nothing like having a closed up reverberating vibration festival in the trunk. FYI the 05 amp harness color codes are far different then the 03-04 from the threads I searched and tried to use as a reference point. And that goes for the PCM harness as well.

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 10" sub in my passenger footwell but it really is tight in there when i do have a passenger. I can slide it out very easily and put it in the trunk when need to.

I'm considering going to a 8" and to see if i can get a much smaller box made.

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Franko, go to a an 8" Given the limited size enclosur you must use, an 8 will most likely tune out better. Tighter, cleaner bass, easier to drive, and the shape of the footwell will contribute greatly to the bass. Consider a front port in the box. I would try 80hz and down to the sub. Don't go to much smaller on the box.

A 10 inch really needs to large of a box to tune out correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery