Adding more BITE to the LETHAL 750!!....

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As most of you know, APEX Motorsports is committed to creating Viper performance packages that maximize power, reliability, and safety.
cool.gif

Recently, we announced the LETHAL 750 package, making 650 rwhp and 717 rwtq, perhaps the most powerful naturally-aspirated Viper package ever created to run on pump gas and maintain stock-like drivability.

Of course, the peak numbers are not as surprising or important as the average tq and hp across the rpm range (what wins races and maximizes acceleration). Our LETHAL 750 package makes OVER 110 rwhp and 210 rwtq more than stock even at a low 2600 rpms, and 250+ rwhp at peak!! Even our LETHAL 650 makes over 50rwhp and almost 100rwtq more than stock at LOW RPMS (2500) and over 170 rwhp at peak! Compare that to the competition. It all comes down to head, cam, engine internals, and exhaust combinations, we have tested just about every combination possible on the road and on our in house dyno.

Since the LETHAL 750 entered in new-found territory for naturally aspirated performance, intially it was necessary to design some exclusive APEX performance parts including throttle bodies, cams, injectors, air boxes, etc..

NOW.....we are working at UNLEASHING MORE POWER FROM THE LETHAL 750!!! Hoping to find significantly more power, we are in the process of designing more parts including exclusive engine internals, cams, exhaust, intake, etc..

hail[1].gif
OUR GOAL...to generate 800 hp on pump gas with great drivability!!
hail[1].gif

Stay tuned!!! I will keep everyone posted on our progress.
Thanks for your continued support and we appreciate everyone's business.
Regards,
Wayne

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wayne -- good stuff, and I look forward to seeing the results of your work in action! It's great to see high N/A HP tuner packages available at reasonable prices.

That said, I'm still coming down there to set a new high watermark on your dyno in October
supergrin.gif

OP
OP
L

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ben-
Can't wait to see the monster that Doug's creating for you. He and I have spoken about it,a nd it certainly sounds like it will be amazing.

Better hurry up down to the dyno. Looks like one of our LETHAL 750 customers might be adding some nitrous as well.
I think the equation goes...LETHAL 750 + a 200 shot of nitrous =?????

Viperjim-
Call us. Maybe we can do something creative....Unfortunately, we already have a few customers ahead of you awaiting the LETHAL 750, so tomorrow may be too soon (he he).

regards,
Wayne

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
has any of the Lethals ran a qtr mile and if so what et and speed? If not what speed and et are you believing that you might produce from the 650 and 750. Sounds great on pump gas, you just might have a winning combo.
Rohn

OP
OP
L

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mash-
We are still going to call it the LETHAL 750. Whereas we were constrained by emissions in the first edition, the new enhancements are our attempt at maximizing power without any constraints (will not pass emissions), yet will still retain great drivability.

jkracer9-
We anticipate great results for the 1/4 mile, and our ultimate goal is to produce a naturally aspirated, pump gas Viper that can hit 140mph in the 1/4. We'll see soon....

Thanks for your questions.
-Wayne

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
> Better hurry up down to the dyno. Looks like one of our
> LETHAL 750 customers might be adding some nitrous as well.
> I think the equation goes...LETHAL 750 + a 200 shot of nitrous =?????

Your challenge is accepted. Seeing as I've still got that NOS bottle kicking around Doug's shop, perhaps I'll have him reattach it after all
supergrin.gif

OP
OP
L

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a quick update to this ealier post...

In just a few weeks will be ready to announce our OPTIONAL UPGRADES to the LETHAL 750 package. We are working on a number of projects designed to do 2 things:

1) Further maximize the power of this naturally-aspirated package. Is 650rwhp and 700+rwtq enough??? This package already proved itself to be the the most powerful of its kind while retaining stock-like drivability (Car and Driver). The powerband was amazing (over 700ft/lbs tq from 2500-5500 rpms.)
A combination of some additional computer tuning functionality, and some power parts will accomplish this including a NEW, APEX exclusive exhaust system, and an improved, matched camshaft. Our ultimate goal is to achieve 700rwhp on pump gas; maintain sotck-like drivability.....

2) Strengthen the engine to 'bulletproof' status. Although the standard LETHAL 750 package is plenty strong and very reliable, we wanted to strengthen any inherently weaker areas of the Viper engine we have learned through our R&D efforts. I won't give away our projects yet, but let's just say that we haven't seen any parts to address these areas from any tuner as of yet. This will be a perfect solution for Vipers who see the track frequently. As we received inquiries from insane power maniacs who felt that 650+rwhp wasn't enough, this platform could potentially provide an excellent foundation for other power adders like superchargers/nitrous. Just imagine a 750 hp car on engine with the addition of a shot of nitrous or a supercharger......we may have to get permission from NASA to begin this project....

OP
OP
L

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great question...There are a number of different dimensions to compare the packages. LPE has a great reputation; they build quality packages, and have some great talent. John Lingenfelter is truly a class act.

That being said, I truly believe there are some important differenced in the package and what goes into it.

1) Primary business- APEX's is Vipers; LPE's is Corvettes. We devote most of our R&D and testing to the Vipers and end up building many custom parts in the process.

2) Package contents-All of our packages are designed to not only make power, but improve and strengthen other areas of the Viper that the LPE packages do not address. For example: Here is a list of parts we include on our stroker kit that they don't include (according to their website); our pacakges include Fluidyne radiator and thermostat (for cooling and maximum reliabilty); MOPAR heads (better cooling, design, and power potential); kevlar clutch, aluminum flywheel, B&M shifter (improve tranny feel, performance, and strength); Unitrax lightweight halfshafts (significantly strengthens the drivetrain with the increase in power); engine stuff inc. 'keyed' crankshaft, race damper, double roller timing chain, custom injectors(reliability and strength); MOPAR plug wires, custom injectors (as opposed to off-the-shelf type); and a carbon fiber airbox (for looks).

3) Value- According the list of parts on the LPE website; our package appears to include roughly $8,000 more in parts and installation of these parts.

4) Power- Both cars make great power. LPE has a dyno chart available on their site as we do. I invite you to compare the 2. Someone did in the past, and it looked the LETHAL 750 made SIGNIFICANTLY more low-mid range power and tq and made more power on the top end as well. Here is a link to VCA member's post below (we have made another 15hp since the post through add'l tuning):
You must be registered for see images

Other than that, I think it really comes down to your level of comfort. We pride ourselves on customer service (at times spending hours on the phone in the evening to ensure our customers are satisfied). I know LPE has excellent customer service and a great reputation too.

Please don't hesitate to call us with any questions. We are always happy to help!!!

Regards,
Wayne (LTHL VPR)

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you guys putting up the Lethal 750 at the VOI drags this year against some other stroker motor Vipers running in the Mod II class? If you were to win it that would be really saying something!
BURNOUT.gif

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hear hear -- bring that bad boy to the VOI7 drags, Wayne! It would add to the "ultimate tuner shootout" status that the drags already look to be heading for. You can even run my tiny little 488ci car with your 550ci monster, just for fun
supergrin.gif

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Peanuts:
Please take it to the track and get us some numbers, sounds like a great package, but I hope you can lay down a good time.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats exactly what i was thinking, since you do have one of the fastest Vipers, please take a day off and go down to your local track and post some real times.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc