Adding Nitrous to a Roe ?

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did a search and this is all I found

http://www4.forum.viperclub.org/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=670142&Forum=All_Forums&Words=4729&Match=Username&Searchpage=2&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=669606&Search=true#Post670142

I also called Roe and was told that their not a fan of Nitrous so start small, be carefull and good luck. :confused:

Out here there's not alot of support, so any help would be great.

I would like a small shot on my 8lb water/****

Should you use race fuel and control Nitros with the VEC2 and have no Water/****?

Can you use 94 octain with the water/**** cotroled by the VEC2 and bring the Nitros on with a micro or rpm switch?

Wet shot or dry?

So many questions so little time.

Thank you :2tu:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Brad,
I think you know my deal. Dry shot, kinda ;) . I am using the Vec 2 to add fuel on the NOS tune, and with the W/M I added a bit more to the charge :D . I used a NOS05180 kit and have had no problems, it all comes down to getting the proper tune and work up to where you want to be with the power. Good luck :2tu:

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one in the business of selling a product is going to be in favor of you adding on something that might break that product (or your car). So of course Sean isn't in favor of it. But that being said...

A small shot (like 40) is a good # to start with. and you won't need much more. a 40 shot will net you at least 75-100 rwhp and even more tq b/c of the cooling effect on the air charge.

So if you are gonna do it, DO start small. but don't plan on going bigger b/c you won't need to!

JD

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
when i was in florida having my car tuned by sean he had a few programs for roe s/c's with nitrous. so id call him and see what he says.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Roe, 8lbs and NX dry shot installed.
Not sprayed yet.
I'm interrested also about the shot size and dry/wet???

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a small 80hp wet shot. Like Joe said it's mainly for the cooling effect. With my 10lb pulley it's a small percentage increase in power so very little wheelspin.

I couldn't activate it with the VEC2 because the PWM output didn't have enough juice to trip my relay. I had to use the NX microswitch on the throttle linkage.

I didn't go with the ****/H2O because I figured if I was going to inject something it may as well be nitrous. :2tu:

OP
OP
M

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys
I have a NX Wet system on my car from the old days. I thought I read somewhere that you should only use a dry shot.

GTSnake
your small 80 shot is that 80hp to the wheels or what they clam for your jet size ? ie jet size 35 or 42 ect.

ViperBing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Brad,
I think you know my deal. Dry shot, kinda ;) . I am using the Vec 2 to add fuel on the NOS tune, and with the W/M I added a bit more to the charge :D . I used a NOS05180 kit and have had no problems, it all comes down to getting the proper tune and work up to where you want to be with the power. Good luck :2tu:

What size jet(s) are you using for the dry shot?

How much fuel are you adding with the VEC2 once you have the nitrous kick on?

Is there any possibility you could send be a copy of your VEC2 program?

Thanks in advance!

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are using a dry shot, the VECII is used to add fuel requiring a different (separate card) tune when using nitrous. Something to consider if you intend using it on the street frequently.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTSnake
your small 80 shot is that 80hp to the wheels or what they clam for your jet size ? ie jet size 35 or 42 ect.

It's the estimated RWHP based on the jet size. I can't remember the exact sizes but I'll let you know when I swap them out for something a little bigger ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi