Advice on Center console by Mopar

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking into purchasing the Mopar painted upper and lower center console pieces in Gloss Black. While it is a bit pricey, I think it would look great since my car is black and would tie the interior and exterior together. I also think it will look great with the Mamba red accents. I plan to purchase additional MGW trim rings for the black as well if i do the swap.

Does anyone have pics of the gloss black pieces installed or pictures of any of the painted consoles in their Viper?

What do you think? I would love to hear thoughts on this modification.

here is my center now...

93849384DSC04034-med.jpg

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They come in Silver, Black, Red and Carbon Fiber. Since I have Red trim already, I dont think it will look as good a black. Anyone do it in Red?

Dagger

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have them in RED, Silver, Black, and Carbon Fiber.

Price each is $379.95 You can see them on our web site.

Robbie
AtRo Racing Products

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Nader, I got mine painted gloss black first,but I didn't like the look, so I changed back to flat black...

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is the silver the same silver as the exterior color? or a different silver? any pics?

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I remember each matches the color of the car, Black, Red or Silver.

Mastiff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed the silver center counsel on my red convertible. It looks great! People think its brushed aluminum and ask me how hot it gets in the sun. Kinda funny.

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ordered mine. Did you install it yourself? If so was it difficult? I know the top has bolts but not sure how to remove the bottom shifter surround.

Mastiff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1st piece (bottom one where the shifter is)

Its pretty easy actually. When you remove the bolts around the shifter the bottom peice just pops off. (its clipped into place, dont be afraid to give it a little tug to get it to come off)

Next, you have to undo the shifter by way of looseing the stick not the ball (that has the shift pattern on it)

You also have to unplug all the electronics (power windows, powerpoint etc.) this is not hard to do.

2nd piece (top)
Once all thats off you unbolt the big piece (where the radio is) and there is a small clip at the bottom of it that you'll see when you remove the 1st piece. The hardest thing about removing this one is disconnecting the AC/Heater controls from the back. Its just another plug but its hard to get your hands in there to do it. (I kind of have big hands anyway) Maybe get your wife to do it!

From there its pretty easy to put it all back together.

One problem, the leather around the parking brake is held on by plastic pegs and metal nuts. You wont be able to re-use the nuts (you'll see what I mean when you take it apart) The nuts are actually grooved into the platic pegs and they wont go back on once you take them off. (At least mine didnt, dont worry about it, I reinstalled mine without putting anything on it and it works fine and stays in place)

Took me about 45 minutes to an hour.

Mastiff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its close. In otherwords your not going to see the difference unless your really looking. I'll post a pic of mine when I get a chance either tomorrow or thursday. About the only mod you need to make (im havent done it yet) is replace the black bolts that hold the top piece on with some stainless ones, the black bolts on the silver just dont look right to me.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of just painting mine.

Primer X 2 layers
Black (same as factory) 3x layers
Clearcoat 3x layers.

total cost: $50 in spray cans....

WARNING!! Do not attempt if you do not know how to paint WELL with a spray can!

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the edges of your bezels rounded over?

93849384DSC04034-med.jpg

Mine are squared off. Where'd you buy them?

4030DSC02810-med.JPG

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the screws from final GTS. I tried to find them in a hardware store but had not luck. I think the edges have a very slight squared edge but I will have to confirm that. I assume the new dash pieces are factory but painted.

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I just received the black painted center consoles from Chuck and I must say I am very impressed with the quality of the paint. you can tell the pieces were even buffed after painting since there is residue or polish on the back of each. I cant wait to get them on.

9384DSC04109-med.JPG

9384DSC04098-med.JPG

Viper 95 Kim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Another option , I bought mine from x2Collision and had Fifth Dimension paint it Slate Crystal Pearl. To die for.

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow old thread. Here is a current pic. I had the entire dash shot in Viper black. I love it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte