Advice on Wheels and tires

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car is being supertuned right now at DOug Levins! I was thinking of some new wheels. What is the best? HRE??? What is the recommended size? and what tires to go on it? My car will be a level 2 so will this matter on wheel type? ANyone Got any used for sale?
Thanks
David
98 red GTS CUrrently being supercharged by DLM (Level 2 intercooled)

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HRE's are great (I bought em') but I'd sure like to see somethin different. That's all I see on Vipers.

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your wheel choices are pretty limited on the Viper. Most people go with HRE, Kenisis, Purner (for drag or road racing) or BBS.

Wheel choice really changes the car appearance and it is all up to personal preference.

I went with 19" HRE 546's.

nutsRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just put on a set of HRE 545's(black spokes) and I am very pleased. HRE has a web site www.hrewheels.com where you can see what your car looks like with each type of wheel they sell.

I purchased mine from Partsrack they offered a good deal.
I got the same size as OEM wheels.. Jon B was telling me you can go upt to 11 inches on the fronts with no problems.

SlowCreamPuff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would definitely consider Fikse. (www.fikse.com)

I have a set on my C5 and would definitely like a set on my Viper.

Fikse is lighter than HRE (I was told by a friend who has both).
Awesome quality and incredible customer service.

In fact, I was at Fikse's shop two days ago.
smile.gif

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You can't go wrong with any of them, but if you want something new and fresh, Forgeline just came out with a new 19" rim that is awesome. If you want to go on the track, John Purner, at Custom Wheel is great to work with and he is very competitively priced.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
PartsRack will take your wheels in trade.......

PartsRack has 18" OE as-new takeoffs now, 4 sets. CHEEP.

PartsRack has 5 sets of HREs in process at a time, for fast delivery. I'm told by shopping buyers, at the very best prices.

New 18" HREs as low as $3666 / set of 4 !!!!!!!!!!!

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your wheel choices are pretty limited on the Viper. Most people go with HRE, Kenisis, Purner (for drag or road racing) or BBS.

Your correct, but Purner does sell street rims as well. I have a set on my 98 GTS, and love them. Tougher to clean than most, though.....

Later

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know if these would fit on a Viper? Really like 'em - they match the inner spoke to the car color too if requested.. http://store5.yimg.com/I/supra_1673_34288316

http://www.ab-flug.co.jp/abflug_shop/item_list.php?id[0][]=000010%&id[1][]=000011%&id[2][]=000012%&id[3][]=000015%&id[4][]=000018%&id[5][]=000034%&id[6][]=000014%&page=2&max=15

I think they're available in just about every size and offset known to man.. just the stud pattern etc...?

PS. Sorry to post a picture of Supra parts!