AEM for Roe GTS

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do any of you have a complete, used AEM for a Gen. II laying around? If so, PM me or email me at [email protected]. I think it's about that time, but I want to put feelers out there for the used market before going big and buying new.

Additionally, if any of you got a good deal on one and can share the info on here, just post up or PM me. I don't mind paying full-price for a new one but I'd rather get a nice, working used one instead and spend the leftover money on fun stuff.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason,

Surging got you down?:omg::lmao:

...Everyone - forget Jason - PM me. I want 1 too!!!:headbang::headbang:

...darn thing feels like a Roe boat (pun intended) under 2k!

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jason,

Surging got you down?:omg::lmao:

...Everyone - forget Jason - PM me. I want 1 too!!!:headbang::headbang:

...darn thing feels like a Roe boat (pun intended) under 2k!

If you PM Eddie first you'll get ****** :D

Not so much surging, but a mass of tuning possibilities has me leaning that way. But you're right; cold starts and low RPMs are killer. My neighbors probably think "there goes the idiot that can't drive again" every time I leave because the car bucks so bad that first 3-4 blocks.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason,

With ART so close to you, ask them their thoughts of running SCT on your car.

David Weaver advised me to use an AEM in my "Roe car".
The reason for this is because of the additional control and applications.
I need this since I am running a built engine with 2-stage NOS, methanol and CO2.

On a basically stock engine with a blower, sounds like SCT is the way to go. After all, Sean is using them now.

JASON, take it from me, don't get a used AEM unless necessary. They are sensitive and somewhat a PITA in the beginning to set up. DW tried three different AEMs in my car while waiting for the new one. They were all "good" ECUs that belonged to the shop. They all ended up having something wrong. They were tested and had to be sent back to AEM. No fault of ART. Funny part is they came off running cars. Somehow removing them and walking across the shop, they went bad....:dunno: Like I said, they are sensitive.
Also, ONE jump start with charger on "high" will burn the AEM ECU. It may not disable it. Instead it will drive you crazy with inconsistent tuning and driving gliches. A lot of people don't know this. Hopefully the guy you buy the used AEM does...

I bought a brand new AEM last week. I have a discount code and got one for $2700. Best deal I could find.
PM if you want more info and the code....;)

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you PM Eddie first you'll get ****** :D

Not so much surging, but a mass of tuning possibilities has me leaning that way. But you're right; cold starts and low RPMs are killer. My neighbors probably think "there goes the idiot that can't drive again" every time I leave because the car bucks so bad that first 3-4 blocks.

Sounds like your tune needs work Jason. Find a good tuner.

My car is tuned with a VEC 2 (10 pounds of boost) and I don't have any bucking and surging.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David Weaver advised me to use an AEM in my "Roe car".
The reason for this is because of the additional control and applications.
I need this since I am running a built engine with 2-stage NOS, methanol and CO2.

On a basically stock engine with a blower, sounds like SCT is the way to go. After all, Sean is using them now.

JASON, take it from me, don't get a used AEM unless necessary. They are sensitive and somewhat a PITA in the beginning to set up. DW tried three different AEMs in my car while waiting for the new one. They were all "good" ECUs that belonged to the shop. They all ended up having something wrong. They were tested and had to be sent back to AEM. No fault of ART. Funny part is they came off running cars. Somehow removing them and walking across the shop, they went bad....:dunno: Like I said, they are sensitive.
Also, ONE jump start with charger on "high" will burn the AEM ECU. It may not disable it. Instead it will drive you crazy with inconsistent tuning and driving gliches. A lot of people don't know this. Hopefully the guy you buy the used AEM does...

I bought a brand new AEM last week. I have a discount code and got one for $2700. Best deal I could find.
PM if you want more info and the code....;)

If the AEM box is un-certain, it should be sent back to be checked out. There are several recalls on the computers. I believe that AEM is fixing the problems for free.

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With my Gen1 ROE and a VEC3, I never had a problem. Perhaps it has something with the tune for all the boost you're running. At 6.5lbs of boost and 600RWHP - 600RWTQ, I didn't feel that there was a low speed drivability issue. I was also running a tune that would carry over to HPDE events.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Jason,

If you are interested in taking the next step up, drop me a PM. You might like what I have to say!

Or, we have a killer deal on SCT/PRP again...

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
PM me with what you are doing exactly, and I will get you some answers tomorrow.

Dan will get you some answers and then some. I think those may have been the most thorough explanations of technology to come through here in a while. Damn, Dan!

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the AEM box is un-certain, it should be sent back to be checked out. There are several recalls on the computers. I believe that AEM is fixing the problems for free.

That is exactly right. AEM is very good with tech support and maintenance. All of the above ECUs were sent to AEM, repaired and shipped back. It's just that they can be a PITA. Like I said, the ECUs that failed on my car came out of running cars. That is not all that uncommon according to ART.

In my opinion, the AEM ECU is a good controller. However there can be some issues.

If I didn't think the good outweighed the bad, I wouldn't have gotten a second AEM to control the new 3.6......:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang