AEM Traction control tuning

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finaly got a chance to do some more tuning on the traction control. If you read some of my previous posts you would know that while I had it working, it didnt really stop wheel slip just reduced the time spent slipping. My car is naturaly asspirated so controling traction is a bit more tricky than say a turbo car or nitrous car where you can just reduce the amount of power easily.

Now I went about it a whole new way, AEM didnt feel it would sound very good on the street due to popping and banging but I decided to try anyways. And all I can say is WOW.

Basicly I made it do ignition cut percentage wise when it senses slip, and it worked mirracles. Full power shift 1st to 2nd and all I get is a little rumble out of the exhaust and NO wheel spin. No popping no banging just a little rumble, and that is exactly what happens every time it senses wheel spin.

To those of you that have an AEM unit, I will be more than happy to tell you what to adjust for a good setup on radials(pilot equivalent). If you have better traction or alot more power than I can tell you what a good start is.

OP
OP
R

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
O damn, oops.

Sorry made a mistake on the post.

But, just so some of you know it can be made to work on an SRT someone we all know is working on the slight alterations right now.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony,
I need to talk to you. Give me a call please. 912.713.5286 Thanks.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what year Viper can you use the traction control on?Will the traction control work on my 2000 or do i have to have antilock brakes?
thanks Max

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did AEM come out with a SRT10 pcm ? Russ, When I get mine on I
will take all the help I can get.

p.s. I have had it for two months....just no time. I have my doubts it will make more power than the vec2. Sure won't be as easy to change the tune.

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, you have had it? You mean an SRT-10 AEM unit? I am totally confused now. Is this a Gen2 AEM modded to work in an SRT10? If so, do all the gauges still work?

-M