Aftermarket Tune ?

Dustman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was wondering if there is a vendor out there that offers an 'aftermarket' TUNE for a stock engine (no sc) ?

Any info would be appreciated ! :2tu:

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did THAT and got nothing but thanks anyway

Thanks Cajun - will do !

DC Perfomance did mine when stock with just exhaust. Got alot more midrange power and some peak too. If you search in SRT section for tune, DC Perfomance, etc, you should find lots of info and dyno sheets.

Id go with DC

DWR46

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have two Gen II and two Gen III Vipers, all bone stock except for the DC Performance upgraded computers. Dramatic difference! Significant performance increase in the lower and mid-range levels. Combined with the 170 degree thermostat you get cooler running, more power, smoother engines and on the Gen III cars less exhaust popping on the overrun. Definitely the way to go. Call them and talk to Tony.

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another vote for DC. I have their Tune on my '06 Coupe and my previous SRT Ram.

Both vehicles have more power, especially in the midrange. Both ran significantly cooler as well with a 170 T-stat, which is advised when using their Tune.:2tu:

Though I still have plenty of 'popping' from my exhaust, but I kinda like it.:D

OP
OP
D

Dustman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have two Gen II and two Gen III Vipers, all bone stock except for the DC Performance upgraded computers. Dramatic difference! Significant performance increase in the lower and mid-range levels. Combined with the 170 degree thermostat you get cooler running, more power, smoother engines and on the Gen III cars less exhaust popping on the overrun. Definitely the way to go. Call them and talk to Tony.

Thanks again guys for the info ....:2tu:.... WHERE can I find info on 'DC' ?? (phone number etc.)

Thanks !

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have options...Viper Specialty, DC Performance, Roe Racing to name a few. All are carrying the SCT flash programmer and each has custom tunes for various Viper configurations including stock. I'm sending my dyno sheet to Dan at Viper Specialty soon to get a custom SCT tune. All three are class acts and a wealth of knowledge.

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed my ROE SCT Flash on the SRT-10 today. I installed the middle grade program in less than 3 minutes and the car feels much stronger, especially in the mid-range. I'm going to try the high performance tune tomorrow!