Age of viper owners?

yellow02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im only 16 and my viper is on order. im probably one of the youngest.

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can hear your horn all the way in Illinois..... Youngest, oldest, fattest, shortest, hay, who's got the biggest..... set of tires..... There is always someone younger, older, more intelligent and has 100X more $ than you. Relax and enjoy the car, and start asking some smart questions......you're not impressing anyone here.

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to know what Viper owner clogs the toilet the most...I would find that interesting...

For the record I usually clog the toilet twice a week...the super plunger really works wonders around my house...

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am 18 but I don't own my viper, it was a gift for graduation, christmas, birthday, for the next 20 or so years so...but if you can buy your own that is pretty impressive in my book. And take advice from eric Jordan, curves even slight can turn one sideways trust me I've almost down it a few times its pretty scary. Otherwise enjoy what you have there great and get lots of looks from the ladies.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw this topic and had to reply. This is my birthday and I am now officially an old f@rt (that is what my employees tell me). I am now growing older, but, I refuse to grow up.

Ps make no mistake, 40 is not an old f@rt.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is all we need another kid with a ferociously powerful car, paid for by daddy, out on the street. Yippy.

How do these parents think the youths of today will learn the value of a buck when they give them a $70,000 + car. ***!

Trbulnc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Frank....lmao!

I save mine for work! Try at least once a week...nothing better than hearing the office guys talk about the "phantom."

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cason,Welcome to the world of Vipers. Suggest you join the Nor Cal Viper Club - all the information is on this website - couple of time a year we do autocross events at Mathis Air Force base and they are a great way to get to know your car. Thats how I started out and now I run open track events. The thought of event doing autocross events was quite a concern but seeing what other folks were doing with their cars encouraged me to try out forst a few autocrosses then an open track event. We also do lots of other Veiper events - This weekend at Laguna Seca - ALMS event - information about that is also on this website.
You must feel absolutely great!!!!
Congratulations on your purchase.
Gavin

GTSREDDOG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats to you and your new ride. Most of the people on the board are really cool but it seems some are a little more arrogant than others. Lighten up guys!!!!!

REDDOG

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OOOOHHH to have had this car when I was 16 or 18, man what fun I would have had. I'ld be long gone and 6 feet under, but I would have had a blast!

Always keep your head about you. I can say that now cause I'm older and wiser. Well, maybe just older, but think about what you are going to do before you do it. Have fun and don't do anything I would have done at that age. The power that this car possesses and what it is capable of can be very tempting and dangerous.

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MichaelP-- nice post!!! Have you ever thought about the fact that maybe we youngsters may in some way deserve the things that our parents do for us. I do a hell of alot to keep a trust with my parents and they do the same for me and I try and be a good kid, I have had a ton of people say that if anyone deserves that car it is me. And also, most of the 93 Rt/10's I know do not cost $70,000+!!! My 95 Rt/10- sure as hell didn't cost $70,000 and I see and know a ton of people my age who drive $50,000+ cars (payed for by "DADDY"), its just that with a Viper alot of trust goes into the equation, considering it is not the most practical 18 year old car. So if he doesn't wreck the car within the next month then he is doing pretty well. Congrats on your new ride man, enjoy it and be carefull they can get out of control in a hury.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just be careful with the car. There was a death just last week from a rollover in New York State.

I am sure your father would have a very hard time ...If anything happened to you in that car.

Anyway, good luck with the car.

Please respect the drivers around you, while your driving the Viper.

Tony Cantafio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cason: Enjoy your Viper, ask all the questions you want, and don't pay attention to the not-so-nice folks who jump down your throat because they have nothing better to do. The nice ones will answer your question, or refer to you to the place to get the answer.

P.S. I liked your response about the pedals. Touche!

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SteveB,

You said what we were all thinking
smile.gif

I don't see the obsesion with metrics on cars or posessions - who cares!

To original poster,

There is always someone who "beats" you in some way - don't worry so much about impressing everyone and just enjoy the car.

For what its worth, there is a girl in my town who owns a 2000 GTS and she is 16. She drove it to high school one day. But she is not the youngest. I know a 14 year old who owns one. SHE got it because she loved it and decided to buy one and store it until she can drive it.

Hey, maybe we should compare bank balances too? <rolls eyes>

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think it is more important who is the youngest Viper owner who PAID for their own car... anyone can have rich relatives that buy it for them. I mean, I can understand where some people on this site can get off on a rant about how there are Viper owners that dont truly appreciate and deserve their car because it was bought by someone else...but why is it assumed that all younger viper owners dont deserve and didnt pay for their cars? And if the owner truly did indeed buy their car with their money or something of the like, some people on this site REALLY need to BACK OFF and stop getting their ******* in a twist because someone managed to do something faster than them. There will always be someone who is better...faster, richer, taller...you name it.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Final GTS:
I think it is more important who is the youngest Viper owner who PAID for their own car... anyone can have rich relatives that buy it for them. I mean, I can understand where some people on this site can get off on a rant about how there are Viper owners that dont truly appreciate and deserve their car because it was bought by someone else...but why is it assumed that all younger viper owners dont deserve and didnt pay for their cars? And if the owner truly did indeed buy their car with their money or something of the like, some people on this site REALLY need to BACK OFF and stop getting their ******* in a twist because someone managed to do something faster than them. There will always be someone who is better...faster, richer, taller...you name it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't read the whole thread, only your Post. What got my attention was your signature!
pissed.gif
pissed.gif
But I'll get to that in a minute.

But just from reading your Post, I don't think that a younger person, someone say 17-19, would be in the "norm" of those buying a Viper on their own. Can it happen? Of course! Anythings possible! Is it within the "norm" to happen? Probably not.
Who cares how they got it anyway?! I wouldn't.

Now, you might as well change that signature now buddy!
smile.gif

There is no such thing as a Final GTS! Dodge is definitely gonna do the right thing! They better!
laugh.gif

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I read the whole thread now.

I just want to welcome you to the Club Carson!! Join your local VCA (Viper Club of America) ASAP! I don't think there's anything wrong with having a Viper, a 1993 or 2002, at a young age! Who cares how old you are! The Viper is the most awesome car on the planet. It's not exclusive to a certain age group. If you've got a license and you want a Viper - buy it! If you don't have the money - work for it! If it's takin too long at the job - call Dad! If Dad says No - call Mom! If your parents say you're crazy - call their parents!
laugh.gif

Ask all the questions you want Carson and be proud of the fact that your among the young ones! I would've been in your shoes and if my family could've afforded it back then - I would've had it then!

Welcome! And remember guys:
"DON'T PLAYER HATE...............CONGRADULATE!"

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score

However, I paid off 7 years of school, all other debt, started a business, and bought furniture (incl. wash/dry) within the year in between graduation and delivery. Plus I have 4 college degrees to show for it.

But I remember my Daddy buying me a Camaro SS and it didn't matter that I didn't pay for it (to me!).

Don't kill yourself (as I nearly did at 23 in my Camaro).

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Carson,

I for one have no problem with your age so long as you can respect the power the car provides. If you can contain yourself and the car then I wish you the best of luck and the emptiest roads.

Oh, and don't forget to wave at other vipers when you pass them.
cool.gif

dadsvpr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously i'm not 16 cause i'm dadsvpr with 2 little girls. I bought mine at 37. I think it's wonderful you had the the resources and the focus to get a hold of a viper at 19, I certainly didn't.

Heed the wisdom in this thread. the car can be dangerous. use your judgement like your taste in cars, make sure it's always good. A viper will not forgive bad judgement.

the car isn't a status symbol it something to enjoy. it is a mode of transportation and for some of us a great topic of discussion. we enjoy our cars amongst other things in life.
Now that you have your viper find something else you can focus on the way you have with it. A good education, good business and a good family, whatever, shoot for the top. Have fun, be safe and most of all be smart. Welcome.

Jason

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MichaelP:
That is all we need another kid with a ferociously powerful car, paid for by daddy, out on the street. Yippy.

How do these parents think the youths of today will learn the value of a buck when they give them a $70,000 + car. ***!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas