Age old question.....what exhaust do I get.

Mike-Tampa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to change the exhaust on my '05 Viper. I want a good
deep sound and a bit louder but at the same time eliminate
some heat issues at the sill and interior.
No racing exhaust, and no header change out.
I don't want my neighbors looking at me much more than they already
do when I come home so I'm not sure where to go on this.
You guys have always helped out b/f and I appreciate all the input.
Thanks.....

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corsa with Roe Racing wrap. Night and day difference. I did it a month or so ago. Well worth it. No heat issues any more...

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Age old answer....listen to alot of vipers in person.

"deep sound" and "a bit louder" is very subjective and varies from person to person, and components.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's my initial solution: Replace the resonators with straight pipes. Pros? Easy, saves weight and cheap. Con? Loud and raspy, one sound I have to live with.

Here's my 'thought out' solution to be done this winter: Remove secondary cats, install an electric bypass valve on each side. Install bullet mufflers in place of the resonators. I can dump the exhaust straight down through the former cat 'cooling' holes in the frame or send some exhaust through the muffler. Pro? tunable sound Con? Can't think of any yet.

OP
OP
M

Mike-Tampa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds good....did you buy it over the internet and have it installed
or do it yourself. If internet, any suggestions?

eagles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
recently installe the Roe Racing side exhaust which has 15" straight thru 3" muflers. The side sill temperature difference was dramatic.

Measured with a laser thermometer after a 15 minute drive with stock exhaust 126 degrees passenger side and 126 degrees driver side and with Roe 80 degrees pass and 85 degrees driver. After 15 min heat soak the diff was still 46 degrees less per side with Roe. Amb temp 70 deg f. Very loud.

eagles

dirk989

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did the Borla exhaust. I love it. No heat issues and a much deeper, better sound, but not insanely loud.

More importantly I noticed a bit more power.

Dirk

DocAdam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the corsa, and to be honest I am a little torn. Huge difference in the amount of cabin heat (no crossover), but sometimes I find them a little bit loud. I am thinking of trying out the cone inserts.

However, there are other times when I love the sound. The adjustable bypass would be great, as there are times when you want to go for a quiet ride with the top down and there are other times when you want the world to know there is a Viper somewhere in the vicinity.

FloridaChris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those with Corsa and Roe wrap on the SRT-10, do you have the Corsa track system or the regular Corsa exhaust. Is there much noise difference? I too don't want to be too loud.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the track and find the volume to be fine if you keep the rpms below 2000. I can listen to the stereo fine when crusing. Above two thousand the sounds is awesome when you are on the gas. High RPM Full throttle is like all hell broke loose and scares the crap out of everyone you pass by.

I love it and would certainly recommend it. I think it is a good middle of the road but that is purely subjective.

Try to fins someone with the corsa installed to help answer your curiousity.

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the ROE wrap and did not notice a sound diff OR a heat
diff, very tight fit. Just installed the Vortex inserts,
about the same volume as the CCI 3 disk but a bit better
sound, not as raspy. Still going to consider the Borla.

Herc :usa: