Alberta vipers to salt lake city

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Today being the last day for ticket buying sorry for those we're leaving behind.

Trevor (TNT) is driving down from Edm leaving tues.

I'll meet up with Trev (and whoever) in Montana Tues night and drive into SLC the next afternoon.

Louie is leaving Wed and driving straight though.

Ron Nichols said he was gonn leave after everyone else and follow behind (havn't heard from Ron lately as he's working lots).

No one else sent any emails as to when/if they're going.

Ted

Baked

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just heard from Trevor and Andy. They are leaving Edmonton Tuesday evening and coming to Calgary for the night. We are then heading out Wednesday morning and it sounds like the plan is to stay in Dillon for the Wednesday night and then arrive in SLC around 1 or 2pm on Thursday.

Ted, once I know what hotel they are staying at I'll post it so you can join us if you wish for Wednesday night and the drive into SLC.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
VOI first event is the evening reception of 9.30;

Early Arrivals may want to investigate the OPTIONAL TRACK DAY [or half-day] that day at MILLER, but is NOT an official "VOI EVENT." Spectate free. Viper School Track Day at Miller Motorsports Park

September 29, 2010 - Event Check-In at Grand America Hotel: 2:00 PM - 8:00 PM
September 30, 2010 - Event Check-In at Grand America Hotel: 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
September 30, 2010 - Welcome Reception: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
October 1, 2010 - VOI 11 Activities: Park City, SLC, and Miller Motorsports Park
October 2, 2010 - VOI 11 Activities: Park City, SLC, and Miller Motorsports Park
October 3, 2010 - World Challenge Race, Viper Cup Race, Open Track Time: Miller Motorsports Park
October 4, 2010 - Departures
October 10, 2010 - Viper Club Discounted Hotel Rates End

I need to change my reservations and make them a day later.

Who else is going to Vegas for a few days after VOI?

Ted

Baked

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trevor just sent out the plan.

Leaving Calgary on the 29th. We are meeting at the Esso at 300 - 10 Chaparral Drive S.E. Calgary at 7:30am. From there off to Dillon Montana to stay overnight at the Comfort Inn (406)683-6831. Then SLC the next day.

Ted, I think you already have this from Trevor but I thought I'd put it on here in case any other people want to join in the drive.

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So how many cars you guys have in your convoy so far ? I am still waiting until closer to the date to see what work is like. To see if I am going to join you Wednesday or just drive right to SLC on Thursday .

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yah, I got it Tyler thanks. I'm trying to arrange a wheel alignment on my way down there. I had the GM Dealer do my car twice ($500) and it slipped both times so ... since Mr. Goodwrench charges extra and doesn't GUARANTEE their worksmanship, I need a Firestone or somewhere that has the capability to align a Viper.

Tyler, if you go down Thurs get there early enough to get your Hotel and then register for all your tags and tickets so that you can get into the dinner.

Ted

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah If I do leave Thursday it will be very early so I can make it around 2 or 3pm to SLC . I made it from Brooks to Vegas in 13 hours and mapquest shows 19 hours for the 1977km trip . That was in my brothers Durango . So in the Viper to SLC its showing 1300kms I should be able to leave right after breakfast ;)

1OF76RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The weather is looking great for next weeks trip, around 32 degrees in Salt Lake. Should be a fun trip. Any Ideas on how many are going Wednesday mooning? I guess we will see you all then.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm sorry to say that instead of being at Williams Lake right now, I'm stuck at home.

Couple days or rain and '****' no more road. Bridges, mudslides and washouts have caused evacuations in Bella Coola, the Hill and the plateau west of Anahim Lake. Yesterday morning we were informed that the road (highway 20) about 25kms east of Nimpo Lake is missing most of a mile. Bigger river and no road now. Yesterday we were told that someone will 'look' over the damage and decide what to do about fixing the road. I really hope that they DO decide to start fixing the road instead of waiting for another few days.

Supposedly we may be able to trailer my Viper past the repaired washout in a couple days. Looks like I'll be arriving late.

Ted

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Greg ,

Good meeting you out at the track on Thursday and seems between Moab and Miller Motorsports Park you had the full monty of driving fun in Utah, ha. Wondered how Geoff did on the way home with his super bald run flats?! Looked to me like weather would not have been fun for him if you guys ran into anything?

Always great to have our Northern VCA members come to VOI -- hope to see you all again in the future.

Bill P