Alberta vipers to salt lake city

VIPRRR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have had the room booked for a long time now, but have not registered to the event yet. Does any one have an idea as to how many will be going to salt city via the sweetgrass,Montana border crossing?

I am a little concerned as we all know here in Canada how that late September weather can turn ugly.

Thanks

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most (all) of us plan on going through Coutts/Sweetgrass and down I 15 as the mountain route could get real ugly that time of year. We are booked and registered.:2tu:

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not Sure on count, as you could read Caravan to VOI. Last count I figured would be about 15 Cars coming from Edmonton, Red Deer, Calgary. It will be a blast on the cruise down and back!!!!! :D :D

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much if you've got PS2s. They're excellent in everything and are probably reasonable in snow too.

I drove from Ohio to BC in February back in 07. I'm not to worried as I did that drive in Runcraps and survived.

Ted

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a few of us who can attest to how good the PS2's are in the snow . We tested them out this year and had no issues at all . I was worried before about the weather to Salt lake but after our drive this year in a bit of snow , Nothing to worry about . I can't wait for that trip will be a lot of fun . I

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When Deana and I drove the Paxton supercharged ACR home through Nevada we drove through a couple Blizzards and even a half inch of snow at Ely overnight. Drastic rainstorm activity in Seattle and all the high passes had snow all the way home once we left California. That was at the end of March and the beginning of April this spring. We got home where there was still 6-8" of snow in the trees and I parked the car outside the garage. Woke up to ...
You must be registered for see images

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HA, so there IS an actual sweetgrass sign like in Paul Brandt's song Alberta Bound! You guys be sure to download it someplace and play it on the way back!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I understood that Ron was taking his Car in his trailer with the Motorhome (in case anyone breaks down he'll drive his viper and the breakdowners drive Ron's Motorhome? Since it's an easy 1 day drive for you guys that's not a big deal. Plans are to be there about Noon.

Trevor Cameron is going down and I think he's already booked a room in Montana, then short drive to SLC in the morning. There are quite a few flying down there as well (Jim Tait).

Joel Siegel is trailering from vancouver.

Etc.

Ted

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understood that Ron was taking his Car in his trailer with the Motorhome (in case anyone breaks down he'll drive his viper and the breakdowners drive Ron's Motorhome? Since it's an easy 1 day drive for you guys that's not a big deal. Plans are to be there about Noon.

Trevor Cameron is going down and I think he's already booked a room in Montana, then short drive to SLC in the morning. There are quite a few flying down there as well (Jim Tait).

Joel Siegel is trailering from vancouver.

Etc.

Ted

Looking to get just a bit more specific.....

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim,
I'm trailering my car down mid September - leaving it 'somewhere' then doing a Hummer event in New Mexico and then Moab. I'll ditch the Hummer event early then rumble back to SLC for the Viper event.

I'm going - I'll be there - but I won't be part of the convoy.

I'll trailer my car home after the event but I will not be able to keep up with you guys. After some ********* rock crawling my Hummer will hopefully be up to the task of hauling it home, but it won't do it quickly.

Greg

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
seems to be a few trailor ladies going down so it will be good for all.Can drive the speed the cars go or can go with the trailor speed.This is good as not everyone wants to toss money to the states.lol

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
seems to be a few trailor ladies going down so it will be good for all.Can drive the speed the cars go or can go with the trailor speed.This is good as not everyone wants to toss money to the states.lol

It's impossible for a Viper to go Hummer speed. It just won't happen - unless of course, it's in the trailer. Then it goes exactly Hummer speed.:)

Greg

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hummer go.

Viper..... no go.

The Viper is FAST - but not fast enough to keep up with the Hummer everywhere!

Greg

Attachments

• HPIM0842a.jpg
    HPIM0842a.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 11

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
but can the hummer do that with the trailor attached.truth be told the H1 is my most fav. vehicle in the world for trucks that is.When it came time to pick a vehicle the Viper got the draw because it was less then the Hummer.lol

And if i tried hard enough i think i could get the Viper up that rock.lol

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so waht time has anyone decided they will be leaving the Red Deer /Calgary area.Trying to make plans to join the trip for a few hours with my Dad so please please someone let me know if you have plans since it is very quiet and only two weeks plus till VOI time.

Baked

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are thinking of heading out of Calgary early on Wednesday the 29th and then driving to Idaho falls or Pocatella for the night. Then it's about 3hrs on Thursday so we should be in SLC around 11am or noon.
I'm not sure what everyone else in AB is doing or when they are heading out?

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are thinking of heading out of Calgary early on Wednesday the 29th and then driving to Idaho falls or Pocatella for the night. Then it's about 3hrs on Thursday so we should be in SLC around 11am or noon.
I'm not sure what everyone else in AB is doing or when they are heading out?

Are you not getting the emails that have been going out in the past few days?

Baked

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, I must not be on the list.
I did get a response from Trevor saying he is also leaving Calgary that Wednesday morning though. Anyone else you know of or can you forward me the email going around?
Thanks,
Todd

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was planning on crossing the border at Osoyoos and meeting up with the Alberta vipers at Butte Montana where our highways join. I can adjust it farther south? There's a lot of Hotels in Butte and a huge Best Western beside the highway. We could call and reserve a buch of room if we need to.

Ted

Baked

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Trevor mentioned staying in Dillon which looks to be just south of Butte. I've never been down on that highway so I have no idea which place is better to stay.
I'm not sure who else from AB, BC or Sask plans on joining us at that point either.

Maybe Trevor knows more?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm just waiting on some info and I'll send out a newsletter. Most of the Vipers were going from Alberta and they havn't been responding on the forums lately.

Joel Siegel is trailering from Vancouver and I'm hoping that he's going to be doing some racing (and winning) while there. Joel owned/owns a comp coupe and did well racing last year. I havn't seen him this year though.

Trevor is just gonna plan his route and welcome anyone that comes along I think, same as I.

I suggest that anyone with a 2 way radio bring it along as they work well for keeping contact with the othe cars you're travelling with. I know that bathroom breaks sometimes become rather important in a group.

Ted

OP
OP
V

VIPRRR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I decided not to go. Have to promote my new company, venom energy products and services, which is my 4th,oilfield service company. The lloydminster oilshow is this week, and then we are booked solid.
We have patented a high rpm completely centralized drill out tool, for drilling out frac ports etc.
You all have fun down there.
All the best.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I decided not to go. Have to promote my new company, venom energy products and services, which is my 4th,oilfield service company. The lloydminster oilshow is this week, and then we are booked solid.
We have patented a high rpm completely centralized drill out tool, for drilling out frac ports etc.
You all have fun down there.
All the best.

Your company name is Venom? and you're not going to Venom Owners Invitational???

:dunno::lmao: