ALERT !! Aftermarket Exhaust Banning in Massachusetts!!

Reaction score
Looks like Ted Kennedy himself after a few estrogen shots! :eek:
SEMA will likely help to kill this proposal. I get their newsletter and can't recall them ever losing something like this. They have some pretty powerful lobbyists!

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: ALERT !! Exhaust Banning in Mass by *** Representative Liz Malia

So said Tiepilot

I went to the web-site but the only pic I saw was of some old fat man with a girls name. :)
He'd be her!

You must be registered for see images

Ok Gerald, that picture of the he/she crossed the line and has taken this thread into the realm of tasteless, crude and obnoxious. I'm sure that photo, in and of itself is a violation of board rules. :eek:

it looks like Jerry Springer!

Tpup

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I sent her this:

I have read your proposed legislation regarding aftermarket exhausts. May I suggest that you consider revising the bill to limit exhausts to not exceed a specific noise level. Enforcement of the proposed bill puts every law enforcement official in the position of becoming an expert on what is an OEM exhaust and what aftermarket. A clever installer can make the aftermarket system look stock, or can make a stock system much louder, without any external clues.

A noise level restriction will allow any law enforcement official, or inspection station, to identify the violators without debate as to the condition of the exhaust.

and got this back:

Thank you for your thoughtful suggestions. I cannot respond to each and every email personally, but because you took the time to be helpful rather than just critical, I wanted to send a quick note.

We are looking into other alternatives, and it should be clear that our intention is to enhance quality of life in our urban neighborhoods by limiting the use of the mufflers that simply amplify their sound. While it is already illegal to use these mufflers here in Massachusetts, it becomes very difficult for the police to enforce. We are working closely with local police to enhance those efforts.

I appreciate your position and can assure you that we are still redrafting new alternatives, so as not to adversely affect those folks that use after-market mufflers responsibly.

FYI - Roy

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ha. we all got the same response... she responded to me "personally" too!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Darn, Roy, I was hoping to post my reply first!!!

You beat me to it!

VIPERnXr4ti

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New York has had such legislation for quite some time...any modification that changes the pitch exhaust note is illegal....most cops dont bother me in my Mustang because most think that since its a V8 it just sounds loud stock...but they mess with the ricers all the time

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Whoa ! that picture........She's just trying to get back at all the cool guys in high school,with fast cars,that used to make fun of her because she was so fugly......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte