Alignments with adjustable shocks

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all:

I'm installing my Penske shocks this weekend. I was going to try and leave the car at the stock height for daily driving, but when I have a track day, I was planning on lowering the car about an inch. The question is whether I will need to have the car realligned after lowering? I usually run a track alignment.

I am completely new in this area, so you have to forgive me if these are stupid questions.

Reaction score
You will need to at the minimum have it aligned at both heights so you can figure out what to change at the track. This would be a rough guess for you in a pinch. I would rather see you lower it and then align it and just drive it the same all the time. You will be more comfortable at the track this way also because you are used to it.

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will need to at the minimum have it aligned at both heights so you can figure out what to change at the track. This would be a rough guess for you in a pinch. I would rather see you lower it and then align it and just drive it the same all the time. You will be more comfortable at the track this way also because you are used to it.

:D What Mark said:usa:
Here's what I ran until this year
sport shims removed -2.0 neg front camber
Toe 0+1/8 toe out for track(better turn in)
Rear -1.5 neg camber
Toe 3/16" toe in.

lowered only 5/8" any more you lose shock travel.

Big Brake Dave:drive:

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score

agreed .... :2tu: