All the colors combos???

Invasivore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I tried researching it, but couldnt find links that work. I found a 1999 light silver with dark grey stripes. does anyone have info that would help me? I'm looking at buying my first GTS.

Jeff

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I noticed on both that link and the one from the Viper Registry, all of the information for the 1999 GTSs is missing. I want to say they made 21 silver/blue in 1998 and 22 in 1999, but I can't find that information anywhere any more. Anyone know the total number, specifically the 1999s?

And to the OP: Silver with gray stripes was never a factory option. The stripes are aftermarket.

OP
OP
I

Invasivore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I noticed on both that link and the one from the Viper Registry, all of the information for the 1999 GTSs is missing. I want to say they made 21 silver/blue in 1998 and 22 in 1999, but I can't find that information anywhere any more. Anyone know the total number, specifically the 1999s?

And to the OP: Silver with gray stripes was never a factory option. The stripes are aftermarket.

Will it significantly devalue the car? They look awesome. I wish they came that way from the factory

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will it significantly devalue the car? They look awesome. I wish they came that way from the factory

Valuation and looks are subjective but I would assume it will hurt value eventually if they did not come with. I like the look of stripes but I like stock and was worried about how the vinyl would hurt the paint in 10 years.

Contact seller and find out if the stripes are paint or vinyl. My '04 had them on but I had them removed prior to purchase to ensure there were no "issues" underneath.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chances are pretty good they are vinyl and will come off.
I wouldn't worry about value too much. If you love the car, get it! Years from now it won't matter ... you just restore it.
How many 57 chevys are auctioned off with original paint? Restored cars win shows every day and gain in value.
Buy it if you like it.

OP
OP
I

Invasivore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I also found a low mileage 97 blue gts for a good price which is tempting. I can't remember the differences between the 97 and 99 though.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Interior is upgraded on the 1999 (better/brushed door handles, brushed e-brake handle, interior trunk release, textured dash), and they don't have foglight covers. Different color availability. Both have forged internals. I believe they both have the lumpy 708 cam and neither have ABS.

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interior is upgraded on the 1999 (better/brushed door handles, brushed e-brake handle, interior trunk release, textured dash), and they don't have foglight covers. Different color availability. Both have forged internals. I believe they both have the lumpy 708 cam and neither have ABS.

And in 1999 they went to 18" wheels, '97's had 17".