All time sticker shock for Viper

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the all time highest sticker price for a street Viper? I bought a Comm Edition that had a sticker just north of $90K. HAve there been higher ones ( or, am I in the sucker club-kidding a great car)

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What is the all time highest sticker price for a street Viper? I bought a Comm Edition that had a sticker just north of $90K. HAve there been higher ones ( or, am I in the sucker club-kidding a great car)

I think I paid a premium for the last Mamba, but I really didnt mind, since the transaction was so easy...+ I was worried there would be no silver for the '06.

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here is one at our "friendly" local Dodge dealer.

4780PICT0024.JPG

4780PICT0025.JPG

:rolleyes:

OP
OP
viperdrummer

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tim: OMG, $10,000 "Limited Availability", and $1800 "Market Adjustment" --who is the salesman? Puddy, from Seinfeld? Fortunately, I dealt with Woodhouse, and had none of thet BS.

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep, I about choked and then laughed my a$$ off. If $102K was a little too much for you, they had a cheaper Copperhead for just a tad over $100K.

I have to realize that I am in South Floriduh and there are some really good drugs smuggled in here, and I am guessing the dealer got a hold of some!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to realize that I am in South Floriduh and there are some really good drugs smuggled in here, and I am guessing the dealer got a hold of some!

Must have used LOTS of those drugs! :2tu: That is just too funny.

Need1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I went to look at a new silver mamba, they had the "Limited Availability" and "Market Adjustment" crap, and had it marked up to like 95k. I asked about it, and i'm all, "I cn get the same silver mamba on ebay for 75k, dealerships list on ebay, brand new for that price" and they are all, "oh, thats just an old markup from a different dealership, dont worry about that" ooohh, but earlier in the conversation with the "sales rep" he told me they had the car for 3 months! uh huh, right...

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About Febuary 04,Pembroke Pines Dodge and University Dodge(South Florida) had white mambas respectively for 93/94 thousand(asking). I had to go further up North to get one below MSRP. It's a function of demand and there are lots of SRTs out there to compete with at this juncture. No need to pay that special "admission ticket" anymore.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, $102K isn't the highest. I saw $117K on a 2003 red SRT-10 at Spartanburg Dodge. This was in 2004 when I brought my car in for service. They told me they'd "let it go" for $99K!

AND what's up with 20 MPG on the sticker? Mine said 21 in 2003.

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back in 98, the GT2s were going for north of $110K, after the market adjusted price. Given today's market and inflation, it most likely repesents a fairly higer price than some of the cars listed here. The GTSs were gong for around the 70s, 20K less than the GT2s. BTW #98 of 100 GT2 owned by Oliver Beretta, sold at Barett Jacksons in '99 for $150K. Came with the Driving suit and all.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the highest sticker from the factory so far, not this DEALER GOUGING crap, is all 2001-2002 GTS/ACR's with Comfort Group and stripes $90,100. I happen to own one ;-)

Anything over that, is just dealer mark up crap, which isnt truly the official sticker from dodge, its dealer mark up.

Jon

PS. BTW, that 102k crap comm. edition mark up one, laugh in their face, the local Hot Spot for Buying Vipers in NC Hendrick Dodge, has that same car for 25,000 LESS !! Same car, brand new !!

Jon

OP
OP
viperdrummer

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon:

I am afraid the sticker (left side without ride side mark-up) award (unless there is one out that that has not responded) does go to the 05 Comm Ed at $90,295 -only $195 above yours. I will double check my sticker and Bill P can tell us if that is wrong, but I am virtually certain that is the right number. You are right, however, that they should go for a lot less than The $102K for sure.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon:

I am afraid the sticker (left side without ride side mark-up) award (unless there is one out that that has not responded) does go to the 05 Comm Ed at $90,295 -only $195 above yours. I will double check my sticker and Bill P can tell us if that is wrong, but I am virtually certain that is the right number. You are right, however, that they should go for a lot less than The $102K for sure.

Congrats, thanks for the correction !! I thought the comm editions also were 90,100, but if they beat it by 195 bucks they are infact the winner !! Thanks.. no sarcasm here (which isnt typical for me), appeciate the correction.

Jon

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
The highest that I have seen was for a 1998 GT-2...over the sticker it said " accepting bids over $120,000.00"...called another dealer, asking price was in $84,000.00 range for same car.

M. ROD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dealer markup was rampant in the first year(1992), there's a picture in the Viper buyer's guide with a sticker reading:

MSRP = $53,300
Added Value = $199,999
Dealer's Asking Price = $253,299 :eek:

Raheel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back visiting a local dealer here in San Diego....Commemorative Edition #1 of 100 with a 'Market Adjustment' of $100K!!!! That is in addition to the MSRP. So the total price is $195K!!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang