Almost Finished Garage

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here are some pics of my garage nearing completion. The lift was from superior lifts. Moving around 3700 pounds of steel was not easy especially for 2 people with a little help from an engine hoist. :2tu:

[image]
7836PICT0255-med.JPG

[image]
7836PICT0251-med.JPG

[image]
7836PICT0257-med.JPG

OP
OP
E

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks great! :2tu:

Can that single-post be used as a scissor-type lift? Freeing the wheels, etc?

They are working on approval for a jack extension but it is not available yet. I plan on lifting the car then lowering it onto jack stands.

OP
OP
E

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks good :) who's floor is that?

The floor is actually made by the same company that makes Race Deck but sold to Overstock.com under the name Garage Deck. It was under 3 bucks a square foot vs 4+ for Garage Deck. You are limited to Black, Alloy and Beige colors.

www.snaplock.com

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The garage looks great. Have you thought of installing any slatted wallboard to hang cabinets, hooks and the like. If interested, my wife owns a company called Zen Garage and I am sure we can beat anyones prices. We also carry a tile called Daytona made by Sport Court, which is available in about 15 different colors, that we can sell well under 3.00 per foot. If interested drop me an email to [email protected] or visit her site at www.zengarageinc.com

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks great!!! Nice Job!!

How big is your garage?, like 20x20 also what is the ceiling height?

I just got back from City Hall (yesterday) showing them my plans for my garage and the City is having some problems with them regarding setbacks and so on...
Just wondering how small I can get away with and still have room for a lift and 2 cars on the ground with some room to move about. I am thinking 22x22 ft with a 12 ft ceiling may be just enough....
What do you all think??
(Hey that was my 500th post...yippee)
Cheers,

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well Phoung,

That looks good! Sorry we kept dropping the calls.

I like that lift! I guess if you need to just get to the otherside you just back it up? Nice for confined space!

OP
OP
E

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I just got back from City Hall (yesterday) showing them my plans for my garage and the City is having some problems with them regarding setbacks and so on...
Just wondering how small I can get away with and still have room for a lift and 2 cars on the ground with some room to move about. I am thinking 22x22 ft with a 12 ft ceiling may be just enough....
What do you all think??
Cheers,

20' wide X 23.5' deep with 10'8" ceiling. We had to work with the placement of the lift relative to the structural beam and also had to raise the garage doors. The lift was $4500, on the higher side of things but worth not banging your doors like a standard two poster and freeing up space in the middle of the garage vs a 4 poster. It was a similar design to the Benpak I don't plan to putting a 2500 series pickup or hummer up there so the conservative 5000lb capacity was more than enough for its purpose. Bend Pak makes one for a little less but had significantly less undercarriage access and weighed in 1400 pounds less than my lift. Personally I would like as much steel as possible if I'm going to be standing under it.

OP
OP
E

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well Phoung,

That looks good! Sorry we kept dropping the calls.

I like that lift! I guess if you need to just get to the otherside you just back it up? Nice for confined space!

Thanks, I'll let you know how the Viper is getting on those ramps. I had a friend bring his GTS over and did not have any clearance problems but mine is slightly lowered. I don't anticipate any problems though. I'll post some pics once the garage is complete with all the horses in the stable. :2tu:

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What do you all think??
Cheers,

20' wide X 23.5' deep with 10'8" ceiling. We had to work with the placement of the lift relative to the structural beam and also had to raise the garage doors. The lift was $4500, on the higher side of things but worth not banging your doors like a standard two poster and freeing up space in the middle of the garage vs a 4 poster. It was a similar design to the Benpak I don't plan to putting a 2500 series pickup or hummer up there so the conservative 5000lb capacity was more than enough for its purpose. Bend Pak makes one for a little less but had significantly less undercarriage access and weighed in 1400 pounds less than my lift. Personally I would like as much steel as possible if I'm going to be standing under it.

Is your Viper not at home?? :D

OP
OP
E

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score

What do you all think??
Cheers,

Is your Viper not at home?? :D

It's a secret... :D The Viper is off getting some added muscle bolted on. :2tu:

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, I sure like the way you put the tiles down. Looks great. I'm thinking of doing my whole garage but winter slush is hard to clean all the time.
GTS_pickupGarage_003.jpg

Bravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Th s2k gets used a lot!
My backs been bugging me this summer, so the bikes have sat.
Took the ACR yesterday for the State Inspection, and went for a blast afterwards. Holy Crap! To really appreciate the viper, park it for a month, and drive something slower.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Th s2k gets used a lot!
My backs been bugging me this summer, so the bikes have sat.
Took the ACR yesterday for the State Inspection, and went for a blast afterwards. Holy Crap! To really appreciate the viper, park it for a month, and drive something slower.

Could not be said better. I love the S2000 because it is not a slow car and rides on rails and I find myself driving it alot. I think I put about 1,000+ miles a month on it but after driving it solely for over a month, getting in the Viper is hilarious. Just shows you how much power these cars have. The S2K is fast but the Viper is on a whole other level. I could only imagine what it is like with a Supercharger or these new 600HP beasts!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang