Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone watching?

Turn 2 should be entertaining, not a lot of room for error on this track

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If its broadcast over here, ill be watching :)

Mark
:uk:

By the way, just found out Le Mans 24hr 2010 is 12/13th June, I will be going down in the Viper :) Anybody else up for it :)

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
omg could you BELIEVE that last lap????

I cannot believe #45 Porsche did that to the corvette, to hit a wall in the last lap is just not right.

I would love to be a fly on the wall when Porsche and Corvette discuss who is liable for that crash.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
omg could you BELIEVE that last lap????
I cannot believe #45 Porsche did that to the corvette, to hit a wall in the last lap is just not right.
I would love to be a fly on the wall when Porsche and Corvette discuss who is liable for that crash.

""""Corvette team boss Doug Fehan said he had enjoyed the intense race, but suggested that the rules should be tightened to prevent such battles ending in crashes in the future.
"Those last six laps were as exciting as I've seen in motor racing in a long time – two great teams, two great cars, two great drivers," Fehan said. "It's unfortunate it ended the way it did.
"I think we're going to review the videotapes and see what we can do to ascertain what went wrong there. I'm sure we'll be working with the sanctioning body to address it and put into place safeguards to make sure incidents like this won't happen again.""""""

That race was so exciting on several counts...... the last 5 laps were pure adreneline, esp if you have drivn that track! I ran and put my Michelin Podium Hat on from LeMans! What a dork.........

I was surprised the the pit-road-exit lane was a penalty...since it is part of the race track....I was then surprised that the stewards did not (yet) interefere with the outrageous Porsche blocking maneuver.... you get to make 1block, not 3, and not dangerous-deliberate aggression.

Exciting indeed, the best race all season

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeh tell me about it.

I was excited to see a Viper in ALMS/GT2 this year, let's hope next yr he re-appears.

that was just down-right dirty squeezing the vette to the wall the LAST lap, I was shocked the porsche did that to be honest.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
watching the last 30min of the race my eyes were glued to the TV. Great racing.

The ending crash was Jaw dropping.:jawdrop:

As it stood, my opinion is that the crash was 20% C6R fault, 80% #45's fault.

its ashame the C6R tapped him before taking the inside. If he didnt maybe #45 wouldnt have been so aggressive at not letting him pass...

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
watching the last 30min of the race my eyes were glued to the TV. Great racing.

The ending crash was Jaw dropping.:jawdrop:

As it stood, my opinion is that the crash was 20% C6R fault, 80% #45's fault.

its ashame the C6R tapped him before taking the inside. If he didnt maybe #45 wouldnt have been so aggressive at not letting him pass...

yeh good point, I was kinda thinkin' the same thing.

if it had been ME in the porsche, would I be so quick to move aside and let the corvette pass? hummm...BIG race here, not just 2 cars at a HPDE:lmao:

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't what race you guys were watching from Laguna Seca, but the one I saw had the Vette bumping and grinding on the Porsche first.:dunno:

On the last lap as they came around turn eleven, the Vette tagged the rear of the Porsche pretty solidly, which got him loose and allowed the Vette up the inside. They were leaning on eachother pretty hard and when the Porsche hit his brakes, off went the Vette, exist stage right!(you can see it in the replay) If the Vette had hit his brakes first, the Porsche would have hit the inside wall.

But for the record, In the absence of a Viper team, I'm a fan of the Vette race team, so I have no ax to grind with either of them.

It was amazing though! The LMP1 race was amazing as well!

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't what race you guys were watching from Laguna Seca, but the one I saw had the Vette bumping and grinding on the Porsche first.:dunno:

well, At the begining of the lap before the crash,
The C6R outbreaked him into the hairpin and was ran into the dirt while trying to complete what would/should have been a pass.

That has me PISSED, then the crash was the icing on the cake:mad:

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rubbing is racing and that was the best race of the season for action. Fehans team is always very aggressive on the last laps to get that win but kind of glad to see Porsche get the win. Just glad Jan is ok as that was a BIG hit. Way to go Gil for the prototypes !!:drive:

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

On the last lap as they came around turn eleven, the Vette tagged the rear of the Porsche pretty solidly, which got him loose and allowed the Vette up the inside. They were leaning on eachother pretty hard and when the Porsche hit his brakes, off went the Vette, exist stage right!(you can see it in the replay) If the Vette had hit his brakes first, the Porsche would have hit the inside wall.

But for the record, In the absence of a Viper team, I'm a fan of the Vette race team, so I have no ax to grind with either of them.

It was amazing though! The LMP1 race was amazing as well!

It looked as if the Vette tried to push back after getting a little forward of center.
It looked like he had room if he would have stayed left ?:dunno:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had to watch it again...
Here is a nice vid of the last 10min of action:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3y0tbdpcFc[/media]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member