ALMS Road America pics of GTS-R's

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was an awesome weekend as a spectator - fantastic race with the win coming down to the very last corner! But, that's for the other classes; as far as Viper is concerned, I think it was a bittersweet weekend. Those of you that are following ALMS know that we're down on the straights and that's not helping at Road America at all... Its a long course with lots of opportunity to get going pretty fast. But we're also only two races in, and I know we aren't in the running for the championship this season. For me, it was just awesome to see the Vipers out there racing. Can't wait for 2013 ALMS RA!!!

The #93 car crashed probably about 2/3 into the race. I spoke with Tommy, who was driving at the time, and he said that when he had a wide turn 3 the car's rear was launched a little into the air. When it came back down it seemed like something in the left rear suspension failed and sent him towards the inside wall. Pics below. Lets hope its fixed and running for Baltimore (For which, SRT is the title sponsor BTW). Tommy is fine and was a trooper. All our drivers were pretty cool, out and about talking with fans and taking pictures with kids.

You must be registered for see images

#91 finished 9th among 11 finishing entrants in our class. Sustained some damage in front right corner, but it doesn't seem like its anything more than cosmetic. I didn't catch what happened there. Sorry to the yellow fans, but I like this car better. ;)

SRT did a really nice job in the paddock. Really great swag shop (very reasonable prices too!) and a nice looking garage.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well there's some new VCA raffle parts right there :D Im sure there will be a few people who would bid for those parts to hang on the garage wall ;)

Any close up pics of that new SRT Apparel?

OP
OP
T

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can get pics up soon. I don't think I grabbed one of all the apparell, but I can get them from the shirts I bought. Or, I could blow up the swag stand from a different picture I know I got and see how clear it looks.

They also had designer sunglesses (I think those are available on DriveSRT.com now) water thermos, aprons, hats, keychains, stickers, umbrellas, etc. All mostly in dark blue/red/silver theme. All really nice quality looking pieces. My polo was $55 and is the fanciest polo I've ever worn, well worth it.

SSGNRDZ_28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a bright blue gen IV pull in and a darker blue GTS parked there – was that anyone from these forums? It was pretty good just to walk around the parking area - saw 2 Vipers 10+ Ferraris and probably 200+ Corvettes.

witz323

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was at the Race as well, man what a Saturday. Closest ALMS finish in Road America history was very exciting. Too bad the Vipers weren't a little more competitive, would have made for a perfect weekend. Here are some pics that I took. Enjoy.

You must be registered for see images attach

witz323

Viper Owner
Reaction score
a few more...

witz323

Viper Owner
Reaction score
and more...

OP
OP
T

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw the bright blue gen IV too, they attend the IL VCA meetings. It had the Stryker IL commemerative plate. I also saw the sapphire GTS with cognac interior. There was a blue gen 1 with a spoiler and later style GTS thick 5 spokes. There was also a Gen III coupe that was blue/silver with black 10 spokes. Thats all I saw for Vipers. :/

There was an F40 there, that was a great sight! Also a V12 Vanquish, couple lotus (most of whom I knew), a DB9, the new bently SS, and two AMC AMX's! I was there in my Slate 06 coupe. Its all blacked out though so it actually blends in well and isn't noticeable.

SSGNRDZ_28 were you there with one that I didn't see? Same question to you, witz323? If you both were and I missed you, that makes it 7 vipers for the weekend. We need a meeting point/time next year!

witz323

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ok, last ones. I was parked at turn 1 all day next to one of my personal favorites, a BMW M6. There was also a neat Merc SL63.

witz323

Viper Owner
Reaction score

SSGNRDZ_28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did not have my Viper there for various reasons. Here are a few pictures from the lot outside of the front straight plus some of the GTS-R.

VardaMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at Turn 3 for the weekend with my Green/Black 1970 AMX. I am at almost every race and hope to be there next year. I was told that the Vipers were required to drastically reduce their horsepower so that they will not upset the other teams with their V-10 motor. They expect that they will be allowed to increase their horsepower by next year. This is needed if they hope to be a contender. It was great seeing the Vipers on the track again and talking with the drivers.

OP
OP
T

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at Turn 3 for the weekend with my Green/Black 1970 AMX. I am at almost every race and hope to be there next year. I was told that the Vipers were required to drastically reduce their horsepower so that they will not upset the other teams with their V-10 motor. They expect that they will be allowed to increase their horsepower by next year. This is needed if they hope to be a contender. It was great seeing the Vipers on the track again and talking with the drivers.

That was my hunch too, that ALMS wants to keep Viper out of the top of the class as to not interfere with the year of those who have been in it from the beginning so far.

I saw your AMX, didn't get a chance to stop and look really close. My dad has two - 70 and 73. I've grown up around AMC's... I was very excited when I saw yours!

OP
OP
T

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the swag I got. $25 tee shirt with GTS-R printed on the back of the neck (rolled it up to show this) and OGIO polo for $55 (really nice quality) with GTS-R on the right sleeve.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey The Greg, I was out there looking for you.
Yeah man, what a race, what a track, what a weekend!
Poor Tommy Kendall! I was talking to him right before the race on the grid. Those cars look so badass!
I raced the 24hrs of lemons there on Mon/Tues. So much fun!

OP
OP
T

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey The Greg, I was out there looking for you.
Yeah man, what a race, what a track, what a weekend!
Poor Tommy Kendall! I was talking to him right before the race on the grid. Those cars look so badass!
I raced the 24hrs of lemons there on Mon/Tues. So much fun!

Sorry I missed you! Yeah, I love RA and can't wait to have enough confidence to brave it myself with the Viper. I was hanging around the pits pretty often... You might have seen me unknowingly! I eavsed dropped on people talking with Tommy as much as I could. Did you have your LeMons car out and about during the weekend? I might have seen it.. Were you camping on the track? If so where at? We were at the carousel, before the bridge. I'd love to do LeMons one day...

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the pics of the T Shirts.

Not too bad :)

Have to say I was hoping that they would go along the lines of NASCAR Merchandise and give us some bright coloured in your face products, If you look at the bright Corvette ALMS products it screams at you, same with the Aston Martin stuff. The dark blue stuff is OK but I would love to see some BIG numbers on the shirt, driver names etc, maybe even A 91 shirt in the same car colours and a 93 shirt also in the same car colours with sponsor logos.

Hell I don't do subtle, look at my avatar :D

OP
OP
T

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the pics of the T Shirts.

Not too bad :)

Have to say I was hoping that they would go along the lines of NASCAR Merchandise and give us some bright coloured in your face products, If you look at the bright Corvette ALMS products it screams at you, same with the Aston Martin stuff. The dark blue stuff is OK but I would love to see some BIG numbers on the shirt, driver names etc, maybe even A 91 shirt in the same car colours and a 93 shirt also in the same car colours with sponsor logos.

Hell I don't do subtle, look at my avatar :D

Haha! Yeah, they definitely went more simple/classy/subtle. Here's a blow up of a different image I took.

From top left: Apron $25?, mens blue polo $45, two mens tees $25, womens polo $45, womens tee $25
Under the apron: Hat $28, shirt $25, polo $55, another shirt $25

Umbrella $??, Poster $10, info cards $free. In the case - keyring, stickers, sunglasses, $25? water thermos, etc...

Last edited:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha! Yeah, they definitely went more simple/classy/subtle. Here's a blow up of a different image I took.

From top left: Apron $25?, mens blue polo $45, two mens tees $25, womens polo $45, womens tee $25
Under the apron: Hat $28, shirt $25, polo $55, another shirt $25

Umbrella $??, Poster $10, info cards $free. In the case - keyring, stickers, sunglasses, $25? water thermos, etc...

I'm pretty sure I would have come home with almost ALL of that stuff.

OP
OP
T

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think there was no swag at Viper's first race, Mid-Ohio. RA is the first time they're selling as far as I know, so chances are it just came in and they don't have it online yet anywhere.

01 sapphire Bob.... It was tough! I sat there thinking, "yeah, but, I could definitely use an apron, right?" haha.

witz323

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I picked up the #91 vertical stripe t-shirt and a new SRT key chain. I was pleased with the SRT presentation. It was world class.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pics!
I got one of the grey Viper SRT shirts at Mid Ohio and it IS very nice!

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics! Nice to read an upbeat thread on the Gen.V forum for a change...:2tu:

Bill

Last edited:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think there was no swag at Viper's first race, Mid-Ohio. RA is the first time they're selling as far as I know, so chances are it just came in and they don't have it online yet anywhere.

01 sapphire Bob.... It was tough! I sat there thinking, "yeah, but, I could definitely use an apron, right?" haha.

No, was available at Mid Ohio already. Most of the Ohio crew were sporting the goods the following weekend at the Nats.

Now to find where I can order this stuff...... :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang