Also have SRT-10 door speaker question

Viperdriver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm trying to upgrade the door speakers in my '04 SRT-10. I've tried the Infinity Kappa 63.5i and while it will bolt to the door the factory grill will not fit over it and the supplied grill might work if the speaker was mounted with stand off's to move it flush with the door panel surface. (Out of the speaker pocket.)
I'm going to try the Sony XS-HD160G next. I know some people have used the Polk Momo's in the Gen II cars. Will these fit in the Gen III so that the grill is flush with the door panel like the stock set up? Will the Focal 165 CA work as well?

Thanks,
P.S. Vipers, quite literally, RULE!

OP
OP
V

Viperdriver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the stock sound system, while better than the Gen. II cars, is wanting. I'm going to do the upgrades piece by piece. The goal is to install all components without any body or wiring modifications. I plan to replace the door speakers and the sub to start. The stock door speakers have cast baskets but they have very small magnets so an upgrade should help. My '02 Tahoe came from the factory with a much better sound system and it cost less than half what this car costs. We didn't even get speed sensitive volume.