Alternator removal

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off, I have a paxton.
In trying to remove the alternator, I ve ran into the problem of removing the lower bolts. There seems to be a metal tube which the lower bolt goes into to make the fit tight. Ive removed the bolt but cant for the life of me get the metal tube out. It wont spin, move, nothing. Any ideas on how to remove?

Again the bottom bolt fits inside this metal tube which slides inside the alternator bracket and alternator for a secure fit it seems.

Attachments

• alternator bolt.jpg
    alternator bolt.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 22

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That metal tube does not come out. The alternator is just stuck in the bracket. That metal tube is like a self adjusting sleeve that moves to take up slack when you tighten bolt down. Try to pry on the alternator with something to get it to rotate a little and you should be able to get it out.:2tu:

OP
OP
S

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks SNKEBIT.
Currently I can get the alternator to swing back and forth, which pivots from that bottom screw. Now I know its just the stuck alternator, I ll try to be a little more forceful.

thank you.

OP
OP
S

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took alternator to shop for rebuild. He checked the alternator while i was present and it read 13.5-14.2 and put out 140 amps. I still had him go through it and he did some maintenance stuff. Says its the regulator. Gonna have AEM replace that. Another week of down time.