Am I a Viper clean FREAK??

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After every drive I wash my Viper, shamy her, and then the next day wax her detail and put her away for the next drive.
Are any other Viper owners the same way or is it just me, is this called anal?
WIFE THINKS I'M NUTS can anyone relate?

FLX109

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
I would not have that patience or time to wash and wax every time I take it out for a drive [I drive a lot], but can certainly understand your point. I however, do wash it once [sometimes twice] a week during the driving season.

Reaction score
Wheels off once a week to clean rims front and back then wipe down all the suspension parts. I wax about once a month in the summer unless coming back from an autocross then I need to detail out all the cone-age :lmao:.

Interior is ALWAYS spotless.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After every drive I wash my Viper, shamy her, and then the next day wax her detail and put her away for the next drive.

FLX109

Overboard and unnecessary come to mind.

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine honestly gets a bath after about every drive too, mainly because how filthy the back bumper gets. I'll admitit, in a hurry I have only washed from rear fenders back. :rofl:

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't washed mine yet-doesn't get that dirty-don't drive in the rain. California duster, then quick detailer, and wax it a couple of times a year. No swirl marks at all. Clean under side at least once a year. Drive your car, and clean your car, and enjoy your car the way you want. If others don't like it, they can make the payments. :2tu:

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're clearly not the only freak. I use quick detailer afer every drive or two...vacuum after each drive (it's a roadster, so the interior takes a dust/debris beating). If I ever get a lift, I will probably detail the entire undercarriage. Some just don't understand us ;).

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went through that process for the first few months that I had it, now i just wash it once a week but it's also my daily driver so washing it everyday gets old real fast...

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be interesting to plot "washing" against mileage. My guess is that "owners" wash more and "drivers" drive more.

Taking 30 minutes after a drive to wash, TO ME, is about 45 miles lost driving. To me, that's a damn shame!

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was each of mine after almost every trip. Sometimes I was all 3 at once. Put them in garage with covers.

Last weekend, washed/polished all 3, plus my CTS-V, AND wife's Escalade (the latter a real job)

After a week of work there is nothing I like better than mindless work.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wash the car before almost every time i drive it.
wash the engine about every other wash
clean suspension and underside every winter

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMHO, if you spend more time cleaning than driving then you are arguably NUTS! But what really matters is what gives YOU more joy: driving it or ogling it or both.:2tu: I heard people on this board go over it with Q-tips in winter. :rolleyes:

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remind me to buy one of your cars in the future. I can count the number of times I have washed both of my cars on one hand. However, I wish I could spend that time cleaning, but if I have free time it will be behind the wheel.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Detail body after every drive,compressor air blast all brakes for dust,polish wheels...Engine gets a look-over, already had rotors off to clean entire suspension,calipers,wheel wells. Raffle car got a good undercarrige detailing...... did that with my previous Viper and continue with the current one. Now if I could get my son to do that with his SRT4- Caliber......

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey I am a BIG believer on doing what YOU like to do with your Viper. If it's a 1/1 diecast model in your garage to if it's a track queen, it's ALL good. I love reading the posts of everyone's difference in what they see their car as, and as far as I am concerned just owning a Viper is way kewl.

I just spent 3 days at Mid Ohio driving the snot outta my GTS, it wa frickin' awsome, I wish I could wash her but I have a bad skin problem on my hands, so I need to find someone to come over to my house and detail:( With my other car I would spend HOURS washing and waxing, I absolutely loved it.

lh4x4

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Only if you pull the tires and polish the inside of the rims just after you polished the under carriage like I did today.:D

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a bunch of nuts. I daily drive and haven't washed the car in probably over 6 months, maybe will before the year ends.

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be interesting to plot "washing" against mileage. My guess is that "owners" wash more and "drivers" drive more.

Taking 30 minutes after a drive to wash, TO ME, is about 45 miles lost driving. To me, that's a damn shame!
+1 Drive when ya can; clean when ya gotta!:drive:

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you enjoy doing it then go for it. I enjoy keeping all of my car looking like new but I don't wash I wax them after each time I drive them.

venomous06

Viper Owner
Reaction score

FLX109

Wheels off once a week to clean rims front and back then wipe down all the suspension parts. I wax about once a month in the summer unless coming back from an autocross then I need to detail out all the cone-age :lmao:.

Interior is ALWAYS spotless.

Yes, I do this as well. I like to see myself in the blue paint what can I say.

I even wax the clear mask on the car.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to detail my undercarriage and suspension badly. My garage floor is too nice to do it inside though. I need to find a car wash with a lift.:2tu:

M_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just take it to the car wash 3 times a week, once in the begining of the weekend and once at the end and once in the middle of the week..

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

FLX109

Bill,
My SSG brother I understand why you do it ...its because you own the best colored Viper of all time,lol...Not only does my wife think Iam nuts/stupid/combination but she thinks the ACR Iam getting looks like a RICER car because of the wing,lol...As long as it keeps you happy why not??? You take great pride in your car...good for you!!!! PS Liked your article in VIPER magazine..Kevin

BREADMAN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think that cleaning your viper too much is normal, I wax my car every time before I take it out for a drive, even if i'm going to be late or have people waiting for me. They are the best cars on the road and deserve to look their best all the time. I know that I overdue it a bit but sure love cleaning it as much as driving it:):D. Somehow can't find the time to clean my wifes cars very often though:smirk:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang