Am i being to picky?

2 VENOMOUS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Before leaving the car for a redo, ask your body shop to tint the color and use a spray-out card they may need the car for a few hours to adjust the color, then you could okay it.
As TAXIMAN1 said bumper covers dont always match but if the rear one does than front should too of course all this depends on the capability of the body shop you're using.
The factorys can't even match their own colors thats way they come up with same code variants, your shop should have a variant deck wich is the different shades sprayed out on a fan deck..this is a tool to get it closer before tinting.
This is obvious but just in case I hope the bumper is beeing painted off the car.

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am sorry, but is it just me, or does $2400 sound like an awful lot of $$$ to repaint a bumper cover that was already off the car?

I had my whole Miata repainted last year and that was $2200, and it looks fantastic! It is red also.

I admit I am using a small local body shop that is new an upcoming... but wow.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sorry, but is it just me, or does $2400 sound like an awful lot of $$$ to repaint a bumper cover that was already off the car?

I had my whole Miata repainted last year and that was $2200, and it looks fantastic! It is red also.

I admit I am using a small local body shop that is new an upcoming... but wow.

I was quoted dip strip and prime - $250

Paint - $300

Cash and carry, R&R by Dave.

So um yeah, 2 large plus change seems a little steep. Maybe why they can shoot it 3 times and still make money :dunno:

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was quoted dip strip and prime - $250

Paint - $300

Cash and carry, R&R by Dave.

So um yeah, 2 large plus change seems a little steep. Maybe why they can shoot it 3 times and still make money :dunno:

I think you are on to something there Dave!!!!!

Lucid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why would you keep going back to the same place? Ideally the paint should be feathered out or colour matched to the colour is now not the colour code.

Since bumper covers are pp plastic there should be some flex additive to the reducer and paint. Lots of places don't bother to mix it in.

Stuff like this really bugs me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang