Am I crazy to base a house purchase on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FASTRNU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just want your opinion. I have my current house for sale because my wife took a new job closer in to Atlanta and her commute is long. We are going to move closer in, and go up in price a good bit too.

I have looked, and one of my criteria in a new house is a 3 car garage, as my wife has been parking her Jeep outside for 4 years so far. I have a 2 car now, and I have a 4Runner and my Vette in the garage. My wife is great about it, and doesn't mind parking her Jeep (9 years old) outside.

The other day we were looking and found a two story with a 2 car side entry, pool, finished basement, etc. But this house also had an almost brand new detached 2 car garage in addition to the
2 car side entry. Perfect for the Viper!

This house is nice, but is basically average compared to others with 3 car attached garages we have toured. I like the idea of being able to secure the Viper away from my 3 year old and his tricycles and him carrying around the brooms, etc, that could innocently but still hit the car. I also like the idea of having "my own space for the car."

I know that I'd be wanting this house primarily for the killer garage situation. I wouldn't push my wife into anything she didn't want, but gosh what a great garage. Ready to tile and sheetrock and have Viper stuff hung on it!

Am I being too obsessive? Thanks.
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang